All In A Row

Status
Not open for further replies.

DropTop

Jul 16, 2007
Singapore
DSC_00345.jpg

Hello all.

I took this pic in Sausolito. I saw all these boats docked in rows, hence the title "All In A Row" (excuse the pun, hehe), with a tiny little exit. The water was very calm and I thought it would make a nice shot. Took this shot around midday so the sunlight wasn't really very appealing which is why i decided to do some post work and turned it to sepia with some minor adjustments to exposure and brightness.

I welcome any critique and especially how I can improve. Thank you :)

It might have worked if the image is bigger, from this size, the image looks too busy without focus point. The post work is pretty nice and gives me the impression that this was taking during the sunset.

Hi there Microcosm. Thanks for yr comments. Actually I felt it looked a little busy when the image is this small too. Is there anyway to post bigger pics? There's a restriction of 100kb so this is the best I could do. The actual larger image I guess would look slightly less busy. I wanted the exit at the far end to be the focal point with the boats looking like their trapped with only a small exit out, but I guess it's too far in the distance. Thanks once again for yr kind comments.

Hi there Microcosm. Thanks for yr comments. Actually I felt it looked a little busy when the image is this small too. Is there anyway to post bigger pics? There's a restriction of 100kb so this is the best I could do. The actual larger image I guess would look slightly less busy. I wanted the exit at the far end to be the focal point with the boats looking like their trapped with only a small exit out, but I guess it's too far in the distance. Thanks once again for yr kind comments.

You can get an account with Photobucket and link the uploaded images there. It is quite easy actually, and from there, maybe post a larger 800x600 pixel sized image. It might help.

I get the point of your image, and that is why I said it would have worked better if the image was larger. And I believe so too. The trapped feeling is hard to convey when, at the vanishing point, the exit was not clear as there is a hill at the end of the path... so you might want to consider finding an alternative view or composition. But nevertheless, this is a pretty picture if treated right.

Thanks for sharing the image. Cheers.

Yet again thanks for the tips. I'll try and get an account on Photobucket. Hopefully it might do the picture some justice. I'd like to pick yr brain to ask how you might handle the post work on this pic? I'm so new to this so the best way to improve myself I think would be to ask how more established photographers would compose and post produce their photographs. This way I could get a a deeper insight into the thought process of more experienced photographers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.