AF-S NIKKOR 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR - OFFICIAL

SGD 1999 RRP. Can be lower... Stock available from next Tue with the authorised disty. A bit disappointed after talking to Nikon SG this len is at Sigma 150/600 C level .Not even the S model. Will test and check it out next Tue. High expectation and hope it won't disappoint us.
Let us know about the AF in this mega zoom...

SGD 1999 RRP. Can be lower... Stock available from next Tue with the authorised disty.

A bit disappointed after talking to Nikon SG this len is at Sigma 150/600 C level .Not even the S model.

Will test and check it out next Tue. High expectation and hope it won't disappoint us.

Just got word that stock is in today at your friendly camera shop. Shop price is definately lower then RRP.

For that weight, i dun expect it to be at the S level :p

Gonna go pick it up now.. hope the haze clears up !

Last edited:
Just got word that stock is in today at your friendly camera shop. Shop price is definately lower then RRP.

For that weight, i dun expect it to be at the S level :p

Gonna go pick it up now.. hope the haze clears up !

Wow. Let us know your initial impression after you test out the lens. Thanks!

Its hazy, so gonna be hard to shoot. There's a regular bird between the MRT and my place, and shot a few shots before coming back. These are SOOC JPEGs, no processing/no sharpening, no crop from the D810 "Normal" JPEG. Quick impression review - Its like the tamron 150-600.. (on spec slightly heavier but feels close). I like the tripod foot as allows me to hold the whole lens by the feet. The VR is amazing (there's a 1/100sec handheld no support shot below) AF is fast, tracking is good. The zooming grip is big and tight, no lens creep. The locking is only at 200mm (I guess for storage/packing) I'll have to wait for the haze to clear up a bit before i do more tests. I have the tc14iii from my 300pf and will test it out later. Click thru flickr link for full rez shots. (I shot at 1.2x) Long Tail Shrike @ 1/100 by Elvin Tan, on Flickr Long Tail Shrike @ f/5.6 by Elvin Tan, on Flickr

Last edited:
Its hazy, so gonna be hard to shoot. There's a regular bird between the MRT and my place, and shot a few shots before coming back. These are SOOC JPEGs, no processing/no sharpening, no crop from the D810 "Normal" JPEG. Quick impression review - Its like the tamron 150-600.. (on spec slightly heavier but feels close). I like the tripod foot as allows me to hold the whole lens by the feet. The VR is amazing (there's a 1/100sec handheld no support shot below) AF is fast, tracking is good. The zooming grip is big and tight, no lens creep. The locking is only at 200mm (I guess for storage/packing) I'll have to wait for the haze to clear up a bit before i do more tests. I have the tc14iii from my 300pf and will test it out later. Click thru flickr link for full rez shots. (I shot at 1.2x) Long Tail Shrike @ 1/100 by Elvin Tan, on Flickr Long Tail Shrike @ f/5.6 by Elvin Tan, on Flickr

Looks good!

Is this lens made in China?

Yes. Made in China.

As an update, the Nikon 200-500/5.6 does not work with the Nikon J5. This is an odd issue on the J5 where it official does not support some tele-lens. It works well with my 300/4PF, but the 200-500mm doesn't work. (Camera just says not supported). It works great with my Nikon V2.

Yes. Made in China. As an update, the Nikon 200-500/5.6 does not work with the Nikon J5. This is an odd issue on the J5 where it official does not support some tele-lens. It works well with my 300/4PF, but the 200-500mm doesn't work. (Camera just says not supported). It works great with my Nikon V2.

Mind sharing the price? Can pm if u want to

I paid $1800 for it by credit card.

Yes. Made in China.

As an update, the Nikon 200-500/5.6 does not work with the Nikon J5. This is an odd issue on the J5 where it official does not support some tele-lens. It works well with my 300/4PF, but the 200-500mm doesn't work. (Camera just says not supported). It works great with my Nikon V2.

I paid $1800 for it by credit card.

Prob $2500-2800 IF made in Japan.....

How the focus response with v2? Is it same like the 300mm PF sometimes slow and hunting or focus faster? because may buy for the V3.

Another quick hands on review of this lens online :)

http://www.naturalart.ca/voice/blog.html

I wonder if this lens could replace my Nikon AFS 80-400... :)

I have used the 80-400mm ver1 for over a year and tired ver 2 trust me when i say... I take the 200-500mm any day ! heh.

Review of this lens. Page 5 has comparison of this lens with other lenses.

http://www.mobile01.com/topicdetail.php?f=248&t=4525712&p=1

the roof water tank comparison, first look on the picture seem like Nikon is better but after pixel close look 156S have an edge over the N205 on sharpness and detail across the frame, N205 does have better colour.

just placed my order, will be getting it next week, hope the haze gone soon so that I can test it out! :cool: