i thought it might be useful for tele shots heeehee
also thinking of release cable for fireworks coming soon in august hahaha :p
bad BBB virus

Zaknafein said:
bad BBB virus
Monopod for FIREWORKS? I think u better stick to tripod... :think:

besides a monopod, the BushHawk© shoulder support system can also provide steady support for your camera, provided you dont shake too much either.
it gives you more mobility while allowing you to pan easier with any body posture/position.

cons are that you will get tired faster if using long lenses as you trade stamina for agility.

Zaknafein said:
bad BBB virus
on a serious note, you should read up on how a monopod works and how it's used...

DemonicAngelz said:
Monopod for FIREWORKS? I think u better stick to tripod... :think:
haha of cos not, i have a tripod. i will use monopod for events and when i need telephoto, that is, if i decide to get 1

+evenstar said:
on a serious note, you should read up on how a monopod works and how it's used...
sorry if i didnt put myself clearly, but i have a tripod and i will use that and shutter release for fireworks. the monopods will be used for long telephoto shots as i said earlier :)

JediForce4ever said:
besides a monopod, the BushHawk© shoulder support system can also provide steady support for your camera, provided you dont shake too much either.
it gives you more mobility while allowing you to pan easier with any body posture/position.

cons are that you will get tired faster if using long lenses as you trade stamina for agility.
thx, will do some research on that :) but it does sound quite exp heheh

+evenstar said:
i hardly see anyone with a monopod + PnS

Because you haven't seen it, doesn't mean people aren't doing it. Most older-time forum members remember at least an Alan who shoots pretty good macro using it when we went for the CS Zoo outing back in... late 2004? Long time ago. He was using it to stabilize himself when shooting an orb spider about 1.5m above ground. Only then, did the attending folks (including myself) realize the usefulness of a monopod in such uncommon ways.

A monopod is a useful item when you need it, but I'd say I hardly use mine nowadays.

ill probably carry the monopod around more often than the tripod. but currently still not able to find a small and stable one. i think that would probably cost quite a lot?
anyone knows a good place that has a good varieties of monopods to choose from? CP doesnt have much. mostly gitzos and those above 250++ :(

hmm, i'd say small then. my setup is pretty light. but issit true that in general, 4 or 5 sections monopods cost more?

Well... I reckon the monopod will be useful for pple engaged in photography like travel and sports- where mobility is important.

I bought the Benro monopod that can extend 3 legs ~ something like a tripod but of coz not as good as a tripod lah... Just to make do in case i need to take long exposure.
What's more.. it can serve as a good walking stick also.. haha...

Well.. that's wat i plan to use the monopod for anyway since i'm more into travel photography than anything else.

You'll gotta evaluate what you like to shoot and go from there i guess. No point just buying for the sake of it.

use of monopod can allow you to shot up to 1/2 seconds easily provided its non moving subj.
basically it works as a third leg. the monopod, plus users own 2 legs spread at a stable position gives hte camera a tripod kind of support. one tends to grip or press the monpod hard hoping to get better stability. the other way is usually true by ensuring the legs and the monopod forms a good 3-legged support.

i use the monopod w a ball head when shooting concert events or when in esplanade( they is a alley on e side that is for photographer to move and shooting on e audience floor is prohibited). very useful. stage likes is about 1/60-1/125.

also, one can look for pfixtures that the monopod can lean against to get good support.

in short, very useful tool. and not ex. should get one.

i've decided to get 1 after some thought
got 1 with a ballhead. thx for all the replies to help me make the decision :)
lets see if the monopod serves me well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.