Adapter for Yashica lens to fit on EOS bodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

politicalartist

May 4, 2005
Hello everyone, I would like to know if there is such a thing as a adapter for Yashica Lenses on EOS bodies? Thank you in advane for all your answers.:)

yashica mount is the same thing as contax mount. And yes, there are such adapters. Fotographic is seeling such adapter for 200SGD, weekh's one is ard 175SGD and like goering say, pq23 is selling his at ard 75SGD.

search ebay.com lots of the seller there, but make sure get the one with the lock.

woah.thnx guys.u all are super super super friendly!!

Xpose said:
yashica mount is the same thing as contax mount. And yes, there are such adapters. Fotographic is seeling such adapter for 200SGD, weekh's one is ard 175SGD and like goering say, pq23 is selling his at ard 75SGD.

hi

curious why such big difference in prices ?

victor said:
hi

curious why such big difference in prices ?[/QUOTE

ok, reason being what you pay for is what you will get. From my experience, I bought one 200SGD adapter from fotographic one from weekh. I've not tried pq23's one but based on the pic of his adapter, can roughly break it down to very simple mechanical terms.

1) Fotographic adapter (source for the adapter shld be the same as that of one macau guy i found on ebay, selling for roughly USD90.) 1st look at the adapter, material wise, it should be made of brass, gone thru a special flash chrome process and then one side of the flash chromed adapter surface was "sanded" off to retain the brass side. Built quality IMO is slightly above good, design was in such a way that the adapter uses "tension" and a latch to lock the len.Mounting accuracy is very accurate as in the centre line of the len will alway match the camera mount's centre dot or line. Pros of this adapter: flexible, allows you to unmount the adapter very quickly to attach it to other lens without much hassle, have an extra additional latch as safety and assurance to lock the len. Cons: Due to it design nature, you might need some strenght to go against the "tension" locking on to the lens in order to unmount it, the jagged part where your hand come in contact to unmount the len is a pain to the hand, sometimes causing you to injure your hand too althought it is designed to ease the process of unmounting the adapter.

2) weekh's adapter, also known as dslrx's adapter. 1st look, the adapter is very light, shld be made of aluminium and then black aniodise treatment but after some close examination, the material use might not be alu but some other alloy, cause it just feel too light to me to be alu haha :bsmilie: Built quality wise, IMO its the best you can get. The adapter is design in such rather similar way to the fotographic's one but instead of using "tension" and latch, it just simply use a set screw to lock onto the len. Mounting accuracy is rather bad as after mounting the adapter to the len and onto the camera body, the centre line or dot of the len do not align with the camera's body centre line or dot. Slightly offset to the right hand side. Pro of the adapter would be its built, very well done, using a set screw to lock the len down to the adapter by mking use of a "keyway" found on the len itself. Cons: it is not meant to be a flexible mount meaning once you fix the adapter onto a len, its rather a hassle to unmount it to mount another len, not all contax and yashica mount len can use this adapter, I've tried it with my vivitar 28mm and sad to say, the len wasn't even able to go into the mount even though its a contax/yashica mount.

3) pq23 mount. I have not bought it yet but upon 1st look, material shld be flash chrome brass. Built quality unknown cos i haven't tried it yet. Mounting principle shld be using "tension" only without any extra like latch or set screw or spring loaded latch. Pros of the adapter, price, really the cheapest ard, can say value for money, shld be same as that of the fotogrpahic adapter, meant as a flexible adapter. Cons: Have not really used it yet but from what i feel is that since its using only "tension" design to lock or hold the len, if the "tension" wears out, the len might be loosely fit. No extra feature or assurance to "help" out in locking or holding the lens down for user's peace of mind.

good tech info Xpose :)

if one is using an expensive lens - say a Contax 84mm F1.4 or Leica 90mm F2
I suggest not trying to fit on an adapter WITHOUT lock.
If the lens loosens and falls out after some usage in the field, it
will smash to the ground. Then suddenly the cost of your adapter is $2000.

Have not tried PQ23 adapter so cannot comment whether there is a lock.

I think he is giving good svc offering cheaper alternative, if you are willing to take the risk.

There is also a Novoflex original adapter for Leica lens to EOS body.
about $250.
I would prefer this if using an expensive Leica lens to adapt.

politicalartist said:
Hello everyone, I would like to know if there is such a thing as a adapter for Yashica Lenses on EOS bodies? Thank you in advane for all your answers.:)

Hi politicalartist,

Now the new contax/yashica adapters have lock feature. Not afraid of lens smash on the ground anymore ;)

I've created a 3rd MO here: http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=135121

PQ23 said:
Hi politicalartist,

Now the new contax/yashica adapters have lock feature. Not afraid of lens smash on the ground anymore ;)

I've created a 3rd MO here: http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=135121
:thumbsup: good one there paul, maybe i will buy one from you to try on but have to wait for my pay to bank in 1st leh......haiz just started work on my 1st perm job after NS feeling abit sian like no time for anything......use to look forward to weekends during poly and NS but now see weekends I sian 1/2 liao coz 1, dunnoe what to do, 2, after weekend is 5 long days of weekdays :bigeyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.