A6000

Only in single shot mode because the tracking works so well, there's really no need to burst and hope for the best..you can see it through the EVF with your own eyes and click when you want to..knowing it will definately be in focus so all i have to concentrate on is picking the moment to press rather than to struggle with focus and composure and then clicking..which would be too late.

Thanks. Any gear that you use for your A6000? I am still sourcing for a good hand grip.

I was shooting my event (www.asiapacyoyo.com) with 3xA6000 cameras using the FE2470,FE55 and 1650kit lenses.
It was set to WIDE AF-C mode...shooting in M mode with the widest aperture, 1/200 and ISO from 2000-6400..
I must say, i'm super impressed with the A6000. Previous years, we were using Canon 5D3 and 1Dx cameras and though they were good, they were big and heavy.
This year, we went all Sony..
The a6000 focused super quick..the camera's Wide AF detected the player's face and tracked him perfectly and shooting was a breeze. Shooting over 3000 photos a day, the camera never once failed and only missed focus less than 10 photos in total.

A friend was using the EM1 and another was using the XT1. The EM1 worked in single AF mode and didn't track very well..the XT1 totally could not focus until you moved in much closer. The Face detect and continuous AF on the XT1 failed 100% of the time where the a6000 which was just side by side, focused and tracked every single time.

I've never been more impressed with any camera like i am with this one..Well done a6k!

possible to share any photos from the event? would be cool to see a few

Thanks. Any gear that you use for your A6000? I am still sourcing for a good hand grip.

Haha, not really..i just use a gariz half case to make the grip bigger and a Custom SLR rubber shutter button for a better feel..

possible to share any photos from the event? would be cool to see a few

Well, i have plenty of photos in 3 albums..all taken with the A6000..it's not high res because facebook takes forever to upload high res photos :(
But at least i know that after 3 whole days of shooting, the a6000 barely missed anything. Everyone was pretty amazed by this little camera. no one expected it to perform this well for something this cheap.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152264589437861.1073741858.532212860&type=3
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152266400202861.1073741859.532212860&type=3
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152268941832861.1073741860.532212860&type=3

Any of you bought external charger to charge the batteries? Any 3rd party or original charger available? Quite a bad idea for them not to include one together with the camera

Any of you bought external charger to charge the batteries? Any 3rd party or original charger available? Quite a bad idea for them not to include one together with the camera

I bought mine ebay dual batteries charger...china brand

I bought mine ebay dual batteries charger...china brand

Yea, me too..i also have an external charger that came along with the spare batteries i bought..so i have 2 different chargers for different purposes.

How long does it take to charge A6000 via your laptop USB port or Apple adaptor for example?

How long does it take to charge A6000 via your laptop USB port or Apple adaptor for example?

Last I tried on my a7R was like 4 hours? I gave up and bought 2 spare chargers from the US.

I am using a third party bought at SLRR. So far the charger is decent but haven't used the third party battery yet.

I got mine from courts. S$3X only.

Interesting. How much time needed for a full charge?

Eh, i really have no clue..i usually just leave it to charge until green and i never see the time..it's either i leave it overnight or i leave to charge while i go to work and turn off when i come back :)

Hi, im from overseas and im going to singapore next week, i'm really interested in buying the sony a6000 with 16-50 and 50-210 kit lens .
Can anybody point me to the best deal in town? And is there amy promotion going on for the camera?

Btw currently im using nex5 , i find the picture quality are good enough for me, but one thing that bother me after so many years with canon dslr is that on this nex 5 the autofocus speed and accuracy is lacking behind the entry level dslr from canon, and also the metering like to screw up in sunny condition

I normally shoot casually, but i love taking picture of my pet dog in the garden, and most of the time the metering on the nex5 is off, so i got perfect exposure of the garden but underexposed dog, or vice versa.

Can anyone tell me how good is the a6000 compared to the nex 5 in theese departments?
Thank you so much.

Hi, im from overseas and im going to singapore next week, i'm really interested in buying the sony a6000 with 16-50 and 50-210 kit lens .
Can anybody point me to the best deal in town? And is there amy promotion going on for the camera?

Btw currently im using nex5 , i find the picture quality are good enough for me, but one thing that bother me after so many years with canon dslr is that on this nex 5 the autofocus speed and accuracy is lacking behind the entry level dslr from canon, and also the metering like to screw up in sunny condition

I normally shoot casually, but i love taking picture of my pet dog in the garden, and most of the time the metering on the nex5 is off, so i got perfect exposure of the garden but underexposed dog, or vice versa.

Can anyone tell me how good is the a6000 compared to the nex 5 in theese departments?
Thank you so much.

Way better. If you're talking about the original NEX-5, the e-mount has come quite a long way in terms of image quality and AF speed

Is it worth it to swap CZ24mm F1.8 with CZ24-70mm F4? Intend to use one and sell the other. Not keen on 17-50 as I am saving for the next generation of full-frame.

Is it worth it to swap CZ24mm F1.8 with CZ24-70mm F4? Intend to use one and sell the other. Not keen on 17-50 as I am saving for the next generation of full-frame.

Personally, i wouldn't..not unless you already have a FF camera..if you don't, then stick with the 24..
The 2470 doesn't feel as nice on the a6k as on an a7 because of the weight imbalance. i only use it when i have no choice and need the tracking capabilities of the a6k..actually, at my last event, i used the a6k purely with the 2470 and took over 2000 photos with it...but like i said..i only did it because the a7r couldn't do the job.

Personally, i wouldn't..not unless you already have a FF camera..if you don't, then stick with the 24..
The 2470 doesn't feel as nice on the a6k as on an a7 because of the weight imbalance. i only use it when i have no choice and need the tracking capabilities of the a6k..actually, at my last event, i used the a6k purely with the 2470 and took over 2000 photos with it...but like i said..i only did it because the a7r couldn't do the job.

Thanks for your advice. I'll keep my 24f1.8 as default for now. My secondary lens would be 50f1.8 and 35f1.8.

In AF-C mode, how do you enable multiple small focus points that follows the subject? I tried with and without AF lock but was only able to have variable-sized squares/rectangles.

Thanks for your advice. I'll keep my 24f1.8 as default for now. My secondary lens would be 50f1.8 and 35f1.8.

In AF-C mode, how do you enable multiple small focus points that follows the subject? I tried with and without AF lock but was only able to have variable-sized squares/rectangles.

Are you using zone AF or Wide AF? Those phase detect green squares only work in Wide AF mode.. Also, the lenses need the firmware updated to support the phase detect. check your lens firmware and see if they meet the requirement for phase detect.
I love the Face detet together with the wide WF phase detech in AF-C, the camera tracks incredibly during my event..the last camera i used that managed to do likewise was the camera i used for the same event last year...the 1DX...the a6k is in the same league...but it's BETTER becuase of the EVF..i know how the photos will look like before i take the photo

Last edited: