A6000

OT, I am looking for a selfie stick for the A6000. The current selfie sticks in the market seems to be designed for HP only. Anyone knows of a selfie stick that is good for A6000?

Am thinking of getting a regular monopod and act as a selfie stick, but I am looking for a lighter and less bulky alternative

Your hands lo

oic, that's what the spot focus is for. I have always thought that spot focus is redundant since we can recompose.

Yes, it's the rule of the Pythagoras' Theorem that we learn in school :) all 3 sides of the triangle is not the same length..so when you do a center focus and move, the distance changes because the angle changes. In small apertures, this doesn't matter because the DOF is large enough to cover the change in distance..but when shooting at f1.4 or f1.8 or f2.8, just a few cm change can affect the focus...thats why it's best not to use the recompose method for portraits.

Yes, it's the rule of the Pythagoras' Theorem that we learn in school :) all 3 sides of the triangle is not the same length..so when you do a center focus and move, the distance changes because the angle changes. In small apertures, this doesn't matter because the DOF is large enough to cover the change in distance..but when shooting at f1.4 or f1.8 or f2.8, just a few cm change can affect the focus...thats why it's best not to use the recompose method for portraits.

Or you move parallel to the plane of initial focus ;p

I agree on SEL50F18. Great value and super sharp lens.

cool, saw the recommended retail price in the catalog, quite affordable and I think the shops should be selling it cheaper. Already thinking of getting my hands on 1. Just curious, what do you check for when buying new lens? it is an 'overkill' to test out the lens for that price... i mean compared to those costing several thousands?

cool, saw the recommended retail price in the catalog, quite affordable and I think the shops should be selling it cheaper. Already thinking of getting my hands on 1. Just curious, what do you check for when buying new lens? it is an 'overkill' to test out the lens for that price... i mean compared to those costing several thousands?

normally u don't. for BNIB lenses, when u are going to buy it, you already know u want it and u know it's performance.

no point testing the lenses in the shops cos u will not be able to detect it's shortcomings in the confides of the shop, nor will u have time to test it properly.

I personally will just read reviews to understand the strength and shortcomings of the lenses.

For new lenses, I normally don't test unless the brand is known to have some slight quality issues. Even though you test it, there's no way to determine it's sharpness by looking at the small screen. If you're buying second hand, the standard homework applies such as fungus check, cosmetics, motor noise, etc.

if you are using center or spot focusing, no. And many a times, we focus and recompose for still subjects. continuous AF for moving subjects...

Any reason why we should not use continuous AF for still subjects?

Any reason why we should not use continuous AF for still subjects?

By right it should work, I tried AFS-C in the showroom for still and moving subjects and they work fine. Maybe some misses here and there but it locks fine. But not for RX100M3. In AFS-C mode, it continuously try to detect moving subjects where there are none. Just my personal experience.

normally u don't. for BNIB lenses, when u are going to buy it, you already know u want it and u know it's performance.

no point testing the lenses in the shops cos u will not be able to detect it's shortcomings in the confides of the shop, nor will u have time to test it properly.

I personally will just read reviews to understand the strength and shortcomings of the lenses.

Have you not been to the Sony Centre in Somerset 313? There are no confines! Well...almost none. The cameras are not chained to the tables and you are free to swap lenses in and out to your hearts content! I think I spent almost 3 hours there just playing with the A6000 and trying all combinations of lighting, lenses and focus modes!

You can also bring your own SD card and put it in the camera....they have a macbook there for you to review your pictures!

Awesome, awesome concept by Sony and was what finally convinced me to get the A6000!

Last edited:
Have you not been to the Sony Centre in Somerset 313? There are no confines! Well...almost none. The cameras are not chained to the tables and you are free to swap lenses in and out to your hearts content! I think I spent almost 3 hours there just playing with the A6000 and trying all combinations of lighting, lenses and focus modes!

You can also bring your own SD card and put it in the camera....they have a macbook there for you to review your pictures!

Awesome, awesome concept by Sony and was what finally convinced me to get the A6000!

I have been there. they have a shooting gallery with multiple subjects for u to shoot.

sadly, they do not have a place to test out sunrise or sunsets, which I shoot most often

I have been there. they have a shooting gallery with multiple subjects for u to shoot.

sadly, they do not have a place to test out sunrise or sunsets, which I shoot most often

yeah. they don't have pretty model there too for ppl who shoot portrait . sad

or a football field with soccer players so that sports shooter can test out the tele lens + AF

Last edited:

gallery-sunset-6.jpg

here you can just use the camera and point it at this image...
sunset/rise i not sure, but shouldn't be that much difference..

:D

Attachments

• $gallery-sunset-6.jpg
    $gallery-sunset-6.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 10
I know what u all mean lar. just saying that if something could be done to test out landscapes, then it would be great

Samsung gallery has some sort of sunset simulation where they have a picture of the sun and some lighting. maybe something similar could be done?

Last edited:

I know what u all mean lar. just saying that if something could be done to test out landscapes, then it would be great

Samsung gallery has some sort of sunset simulation where they have a picture of the sun and some lighting. maybe something similar could be done?

not good enough. you should approach Sony Store management and tell them to open a Sony Store at the Marina Bay Sands Sky Park, so that you can personally test lenses during sunrise or sunset.

lol. taking a pic of a pic also shuang :dunno:
not even testing anything other than the shutter button