a solo holiday

erm... firstly i'm not buddhist... :bsmilie:

and secondly... i don't want to learn how to be a monk :bsmilie:

How about going to Shaolin temple and become a Shaolin monk:

shaolin.jpg

Please shave your head first before departure.

I think its best to go and meet Sion for 4 days.
You will contribute funnier posts later as a result :bsmilie:

How about going to Shaolin temple and become a Shaolin monk:

shaolin.jpg

Please shave your head first before departure.

:bsmilie:

because bro...

there is only room for one Master in my heart ;)

Didn't your Master teach you to open your heart & embrace the world?

Aiyo, relax lah. Recommending you to visit temples (think they call shrines or pagodas there) & see the lifestyle of monks doesn't mean you pray & follow what they do. It's to absorb the atmosphere & understand their culture. I think the country offers everything you asked for with some change & not too commercialized. Otherwise, India is fascinating & 4 days should be good for only one major city.

:bsmilie:

Didn't your Master teach you to open your heart & embrace the world?

Aiyo, relax lah. Recommending you to visit temples (think they call shrines or pagodas there) & see the lifestyle of monks doesn't mean you pray & follow what they do. It's to absorb the atmosphere & understand their culture. I think the country offers everything you asked for with some change & not too commercialized. Otherwise, India is fascinating & 4 days should be good for only one major city.

i'm already doing that every day here in singapore where it's a multiracial society :bsmilie:

i'm not looking for that :bsmilie:

Safe or not safe is relative. Bring loads of common sense with you while you are on the road and everywhere is safe, be it SEA, Africa or middle east. Leave your common sense at home and do dumb stuff, it will not be safe, even if you are in Singapore.
Examples of having common sense: keep away from small alleys, keep your money pouch away from other's views.
Examples of leaving common sense at home: staying out till wee hours in the morning, walking down dark alleys because it is "short cuts", going for a drink in the bar/pub on your own, hanging your money pouch on the neck at the front of the chest (read: here's my money, come rob me!)

seriously, $2000 for 4/5 days is a whole damn lot. For me, i can go for a 2 weeks trip to South Korea with $2000. But that is because of my style of travelling. I am a backpacker and I usually stay in cheaper places, saving money for things like food and entrance fees. For my friend who loves shopping, she spent the same amount for a 4 days shopping trip in HK.

From a traveler point of view, I will not travel far with only 4 or 5 days. It is simply not worth it. Imagine flying to Australia. You spend so much time flying through and fro that the actual time you have for sightseeing is actually only 3 days. Find some place closer to fly to and you get more time to relax rather than sitting on the plane. I second someone's suggestion for Bali. If you are up for splurging, there are luxurious beach hotels. If you are up for local culture, you can always hire a motorbike and go around. There are paddy fields,temples, local shops, beautiful cliffs and sunsets etc. Lots of things for you to shoot. If you want, you can always time your visit for one of the many festivals they have and you can get some interesting pictures. The other good suggestion is Vietnam. There are many great places in Vietnam. I love Sapa and Hoi An. No doubt they are touristy, but if you make an effort, you can still get non touristy stuff. Since budget is not a problem for you, you can always hire your own car and go for the lesser known markets or villages in Sapa and you will find great opportunities for pictures. If you are into street photography, every place in Vietnam provides that.

Hope this helps.

I second what roamfree says, I travel round the world extensively for the past 15 years due to my work and often ventures out alone most of the time and never got rob but got con once :( stay street smart and if it's too good to be true, avoid it. I am a guy so safer them a solo Girl. As for Kei, Whom I am not sure M of F so you decide yourself.

4-5 day I will like to go Bail or Vietnam. Kyushu is nice moving at a slower pace. Fukuoka and Nagasaki being the main Prefecture, Hiroshima is nice too, can visit the Atom bomb museum and the Island temple fill with the red wooden gateway and deer roaming around, nice place to take pictures. Lots of paddy fields, castles, active volcanos and onsan in the rest of the cities. Very hot now, peak in August. Might need 7 days to truly enjoy at a relax pace. Departure day and arrival day is usually wasted due to flight time and fatigue.

Flight ticket will cost you close to $850 on MAS or TG with transit stop. SQ should be 1k, might be a stretch for your budget. Business Hotel usually cost around ¥7000 yen and ¥ is back high now. Can try stay at Love Hotel too they are everywhere, around ¥7000-8000/nite got free karaok , nintento or PS, adult video/toys inside and breakfast included. Chose a newer hotel with nice theme setting, it will be an experience in a lifetime even if you stay alone :) on the minus side is you can only go in and out of the room once. Booking is vending machine style with photos of the different rooms and no human contact from check in to check out, maximum privacy.

Make it one week, u can hide in Lijiang or Shu her old town and no one bother about u, plenty of landscape and different culture for u to see :)

ok... after buying that lens i need to reduce the budget :bsmilie:

perhaps Vietnam would be a nice place

Osaka - Japan is a cool place to go :)

Why not spend 4 days in Resorts World Sentosa and turn $2,000 into $20,000 now that you have time and the money?

It's a Win Win holiday.

I also suggested that.

Maybe MBS will do. Go Garden by the bay, so many tourist, feels like in a worldwide nation, maybe can ask some tourist to pose for kei for phototaking, haha!

Rent a yacht and live within the seas..

my fellow barista suggested that i go to Taiwan as i've never been there :bsmilie:

i think, based on my budget, that's where i'll be headed

my fellow barista suggested that i go to Taiwan as i've never been there :bsmilie:

i think, based on my budget, that's where i'll be headed

You dont speak or know chinese, u go there, sure gone case. Haha! Anyway, enjoy your trip.