A Singapore Series

Thank you sir :) Nope not using CS4, mainly Photomatix. The tip is after u tonemapped the images, you need to readjust/bring the contrast back.

I am still learning how to use Photomatix. My HDR always turns out cartoonish. Do you mind to share a bit of your kungfu in the settings? ;)

I am still learning how to use Photomatix. My HDR always turns out cartoonish. Do you mind to share a bit of your kungfu in the settings? ;)

Ahh had the same prob too when i started out!

Sure i dun mind sharing, but what i use might not work for u.

Firstly not all scenes will work for HDR. Typically a high contrast scene, metallic objects work best. You can also use it to tonemapped certain scene to bring out some details. Sometimes you will need to do blending, meaning using the HDR result and the originals. This is mainly for scenes that has clouds, sunset/sunrise.

Ok now back to Photomatix
Always start from default unless you have your preference settings.
Strengths- This depends on the image. I can go as high as 95 and low to around 20 - Adjust this first, but make sure you already set your color saturation.
Color saturation - 60 (std setting for me)
Luminosity - Again depends on the scene. Normally i won't set it too much on the bright end as this will produce noise - For me i always start at 0
Smoothing - Try the 2nd option from the left first. Too much halo, try 3rd and so on. You might want to adjust the strengths too - Mine starts at 2nd option from the left

Adjust Strengths, Smoothing and Luminosity bit by bit and see what it does.

For the rest of the settings, you can leave it at default first. Once you get the hang of it, you can experiment with them. The image might not look good yet as sometimes it will have the tendency to lose contrast and it doesn't end there. You will need to open the resulted image in PS to process it further. Typically, adjusting levels and curves.

Hope this will help :think:

Feeling Blue (Vertorama) - Marina Bay
4431034477_e5753f27b5.jpg

To view large, click here

Simply.. stunning.

Ahh had the same prob too when i started out!

Sure i dun mind sharing, but what i use might not work for u.

Firstly not all scenes will work for HDR. Typically a high contrast scene, metallic objects work best. You can also use it to tonemapped certain scene to bring out some details. Sometimes you will need to do blending, meaning using the HDR result and the originals. This is mainly for scenes that has clouds, sunset/sunrise.

Ok now back to Photomatix
Always start from default unless you have your preference settings.
Strengths- This depends on the image. I can go as high as 95 and low to around 20 - Adjust this first, but make sure you already set your color saturation.
Color saturation - 60 (std setting for me)
Luminosity - Again depends on the scene. Normally i won't set it too much on the bright end as this will produce noise - For me i always start at 0
Smoothing - Try the 2nd option from the left first. Too much halo, try 3rd and so on. You might want to adjust the strengths too - Mine starts at 2nd option from the left

Adjust Strengths, Smoothing and Luminosity bit by bit and see what it does.

For the rest of the settings, you can leave it at default first. Once you get the hang of it, you can experiment with them. The image might not look good yet as sometimes it will have the tendency to lose contrast and it doesn't end there. You will need to open the resulted image in PS to process it further. Typically, adjusting levels and curves.

Hope this will help :think:

Thanks a lot for the tips. Appreciate it :)

Brilliant landscape work! I especially love the ones with dead trees/branches :)

30 seconds later.... - Marina Bay
4447731830_77590dc237_b.jpg

AWESOME HDR series:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Thanks for sharing!