A Night at Bukit Timah Nature Park

submaxatp

Nov 15, 2008
Bukit Panjang
Went to Bukit Timah Nature Park during the night with oldnewbird follow CS member to see if we can get lucky...turns out there wasn't much insects shoot as the night was pretty humid and dry...1hr 15mins had passed, when we finally gotta see some tiny creatures. This are some of the shots taken for the night. Pls give me some of your value pointers if there things that needs to be improve that should be look out for...

Beetle11.jpg

Fly1.jpg

Hopper2-2.jpg

Hopper1-1.jpg

Hopper3.jpg

Last edited:
Believe some of ur lighting is inadequate, try to lift the shadows by using a larger light source (Diffused Filled).. keep shooting to improve :)

Believe some of ur lighting is inadequate, try to lift the shadows by using a larger light source (Diffused Filled).. keep shooting to improve :)

Ok, I will keep that in mind. Thanks for the advice dude. (^_^!)

Hi mind if you say the camera and lens you use for this shot tks

Good try, come join us next night outing in AP

Pretty good. I agree that you should make a diffuser to soften the lightings and shadows.

:bsmilie: Ok.

woa.. i didnt even have one invitation.... lol
woa. nb u bluff me ar... say all not clear.... :think:

anyway i was not to lucky.... i only to 2 pics....

DSCF1552-1.jpg

DSCF1558-1.jpg

(submaxatp): Dude, it really appeared blur out on my led of my camera. :eek:

(submaxatp): Bro, this few shots of mine were less impressive compared to the ones you took previously..I really love the amount of detail you got for your hopper shots. I learn from you to get the shot I have now. :)

DSCF1558-1.jpg

Bro, I like the second shot. If it was facing you that will be even better, we both had a hard time taking the hopper esp. when it was your turn it doesn't seems to keep still...:(

Last edited:

You can come along too during our next night shooting at AP, my fellow AF member.

We usually start shoot around 7.30pm till about 10.30 plus...some hard core ones will "tong" over night till 6am next morning...try once but very "shiong"

so you are officially invited now :bsmilie:

Bro, I like the second shot. If it was facing you that will be even better, we both had a hard time taking the hopper esp. when it was your turn it doesn't seems to keep still...:(

ya my turn only either fly away or keep moving... i think u put gong tau hahaha ;)

but recently wherever i go like not much subjects..i think its due to the dry spell? :dunno:
fellow macro hooters experiencing the same as i ?

Hey submax, not a bad shoot! :) Question > What is the white spot that the hopper is standing on? :dunno:

You can come along too during our next night shooting at AP, my fellow AF member.

We usually start shoot around 7.30pm till about 10.30 plus...some hard core ones will "tong" over night till 6am next morning...try once but very "shiong"

so you are officially invited now :bsmilie:

lol thanks bro :)

woa. nb u bluff me ar... say all not clear....

Hi i will try to make a outing for night shoot at AP. :)
you will be invited :)

Last edited:
Good try old-newbird ! :) Take note of your composition ;)

Hm... you may want to see how other CSer shoot their macro pictures e.g. orionmystery, tchuanye & liewwk or uncle James. Learn from them. U will improve lor. :)