A Brilliant Idea

fatigue

Sep 26, 2005
Blk138 Bedok North Ave3
forums.clubsnap.org
I'm not so sure if someone has mentioned this before.

Here's one brilliant idea how they managed to make cameras lighter and reduce material cost.

The "prism"
IMG_8208.jpg

The screwdriver
IMG_8212.jpg

I think its nothing new ?
The mirror is cheaper and lighter but gives dimmer view. Search google for pentaprism vs pentamirror

Magic!

IMG_8211.jpg

No tricks, there's just no prism. It was replaced by a few mirrors to do the job :)

Haha, I thought the idea of a separate prism in the first nikon F was great, you could always just replace the prism only or modify it to your liking. Like how last time we could change focusing screen, but now? focusing screen is so specialized that I dun think it can be done for the current cameras. No focusing screen is cross compatible i think...not to mention, FX and DX differences in size...phew...:sweat:

Last time, people build it to last, then they realize when they don't, people will come back to buy again, newer and "better" ones, (note the " "), and thats where they can earn.

If there was a perfect camera, they would have been outta job when its done.

Isn't this just a standard pentamirror assembly? The Sony A300/350/330/380/500/550 etc etc use these. AFAIK so do some entry-level Pentax and Nikons. Sony uses it so that they can tilt one mirror for liveview mode.