8R cropping

Status
Not open for further replies.

West_ray

Feb 10, 2003
Yishun
galleries.photonx.org.
do i have to crop the left n right side of my pic, in order to frame onto a 8R paper? coz it seem like the top and bottom have too much space if i dun do any cropping on the sides.

thanks

LiOnElLiN said:
go for S8R then... its 8x12"
...as opposed to 8R's 8x10"
well too late ... i already got my 8R. haha i just tot of it yesterday night when i was trying to frame onto my 8R ... hmmm ...in tat case is there any good ways to crop the side? or just use some object to cover the sides?

eh .... huh ??? fit in ar ? ... anyway wt i mean is that i cannot have a full 35mm neg to be print on 8R, so i need to crop the sides ....

West_ray said:
eh .... huh ??? fit in ar ? ... anyway wt i mean is that i cannot have a full 35mm neg to be print on 8R, so i need to crop the sides ....

why don't you fit the image in, then slice away the excess paper? that's if you dont mind the final sizing of the print.

mervlam said:
why don't you fit the image in, then slice away the excess paper? that's if you dont mind the final sizing of the print.

yupz i also tot of tat method though. will try it out to see which is more preferred.

Actually since you already bought the 8R paper, just do as what mervlam suggested, fit-in and slice away the excess. The difference is negligible IMO. 10" by 6.6" vs 12" by 8". Have fun! :)

image ratio of a 35mm is 3:2
definitely have to crop to fit 8"x10"(4:5 ratio)
3:2 ratio will fit 8"x12"(3:2) with minimum cropping.
a 6x7 neg will enlarge nicely into 8"x10" with minimum cropping as well.

think it's personal preference.. some times when i think cropping the pic looks nicer.. then i print to full 8R size... but if i wanna maintain original pic.. then i have white unprinted areas on the paper...

Status
Not open for further replies.