5D mk 2 versus mk 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doing your own homework is also about courtesy. Or rather, about RESPECT for other people's time.

The "spoonfed me cos I am ignorant/cannot be bothered to find out/just plain lazy" simply suggests a total disregard for information that is ALREADY out there and also total disrespect for people's time.

The term newbie is no excuse for such blatant disregard.

dodgethis said:
There is a fine line between those who cannot help themselves and those who don't want to help themselves. The point about many hobbies is that the best person to help you is yourself. If you don't want to help yourself, how can others help? This thread was not created for the purposes of discussion but for the TS to be spoonfed answers, as he clearly stated himself. Moreover, he is asking for information that is freely available on the net everywhere.

Let's take for example, what is depth of field. There is a whole Wiki article defining it. Coming to Clubsnap, posting a question, and waiting for the answer is just a waste of time.

I don't understand what you are saying.

"The best person to help you is yourself?" Meaning I pass you an anything without anyone telling you what is it.. And you simply know how to operate it?

Defining things using jargon and simple words is totally different thing. Wikipedia can define everything and anything.. But who can confirm whatever stated on that page is correct? there is no reference from who, when and where that article on Wikipedia is from.

It's just a question. Answer it or don't. Why reply in such a rude way? Apologies if I sounds rude too. =)

LouisLau said:

"The best person to help you is yourself?" Meaning I pass you an anything without anyone telling you what is it.. And you simply know how to operate it?

Defining things using jargon and simple words is totally different thing. Wikipedia can define everything and anything.. But who can confirm whatever stated on that page is correct? there is no reference from who, when and where that article on Wikipedia is from.

It's just a question. Answer it or don't. Why reply in such a rude way? Apologies if I sounds rude too. =)

In this instance, there are SEVERAL answers/comparisons out there including a fair number here in Clubsnap. Is that not enough for TS to make an informed decision? By asking here for other users' comments, how is that any different from searching in here or anywhere else through google?

If there isn't much information fair enough but there are lots of unbiased reviews out there from the plain simple to the seriously technical.

IMHO, TS got what he/she deserved with that kind of question.

The term newbie is no excuse for such blatant disregard.

Especially when said newbie has been on this board since 2005 lol

LouisLau said:
I doubt a newbie will ask anything about 5D2 & 5D3?

But behaving like one. Or just too lazy to do own homework?

You misunderstand me. If you cannot be bothered to help yourself with the most basic of things, you cannot expect others to help you. Like reading a review that includes a comparison.

Then who is to say the person answering the query on the forum is credible. What credential does he/she or she hold?

People have over the years compiled their experiences and put them on the Internet for everyone to find. Is it really that hard to help yourself?

Louis, if you want to know why I responded in that way, please refer to post #2 of this thread. I mentioned that I've seen that exact question somewhere, and now I am digging it out:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/cano...-iii-user-thread-part-2-a-42.html#post7845761

Untitled-2-1.png

Other than myself, there are other bros that has given their feedback in plain language.

NOT ENOUGH? :eek:

Why create another thread again? :dunno:

3 is 1 more than 2, so 3 is better.

ok, time to spent 4k on 5dmk3.

1234, hi 5!

In this instance, there are SEVERAL answers/comparisons out there including a fair number here in Clubsnap. Is that not enough for TS to make an informed decision? By asking here for other users' comments, how is that any different from searching in here or anywhere else through google?

If there isn't much information fair enough but there are lots of unbiased reviews out there from the plain simple to the seriously technical.

IMHO, TS got what he/she deserved with that kind of question.

You are saying, He deserved such a treatment? I'm actually pretty amased with so many people spent their time flaming here because of such a thread, instead of providing better information. =)

LouisLau said:
You are saying, He deserved such a treatment? I'm actually pretty amased with so many people spent their time flaming here because of such a thread, instead of providing better information. =)

Go see his response when told to do a search. If that isn't rude I dunno what is. He had it coming.

Flame? This isn't even remotely close to flaming mate!

Louis, if you want to know why I responded in that way, please refer to post #2 of this thread. I mentioned that I've seen that exact question somewhere, and now I am digging it out:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/cano...-iii-user-thread-part-2-a-42.html#post7845761

Untitled-2-1.png

Other than myself, there are other bros that has given their feedback in plain language.

NOT ENOUGH? :eek:

Why create another thread again? :dunno:

Yea. i can understand what you mean. but i couldn't understand the action. =)

As we have already said many times, the TS admitted that he was a lazy git, didn't want to bother reading and was just waiting to be spoonfed answers. It's just like a man who can work but chooses to stay at home all day and laze and do nothing, and yet, expects his wife to get a job and come home to do the household chores as well.

Hi Louis, can explain to me why my pictures looked so dark? very blur also! I used ISO 100, f/32 and shutter speed 1/8s. What went wrong?

Should I use Auto mode and let the AI do the settings myself? How can I get better pictures? Can explain to me? :)

If he is asking from crop to ff, guess some will give him good answers. But if he is asking from mk2 to mk3, i assume he already own a mk2. If so, i dun think its hard to google and find out the diff from mk2 to mk3 ???

Last edited:
5dmk2 has 9 pt AF system(1 cross type), 5dmk3 has 61 pt AF system(41 cross type).
5dmk2 has single card slot, 5dmk3 holds dual cards.
5dmk2 has 21mp, 5dmk3 has 22mp.
5dmk2 has 98% VF, 5dmk3 has 100% VF.

5dmk3 has additional earphone jack.
5dmk3 has approximately 2 stops improvement in high ISO when compared to mk2, ymmv though.

and the list goes on. so did i help?

oh ya, where's the flame? barely see a spark man~ :)

Hi Louis, can explain to me why my pictures looked so dark? very blur also! I used ISO 100, f/32 and shutter speed 1/8s. What went wrong?

Should I use Auto mode and let the AI do the settings myself? How can I get better pictures? Can explain to me? :)

Frankly, if that's a question from you, your 5D3 & 1D4 will feel pretty disappointed. =)

Truly, there are those who are at the end of sarcasm and readily fall for it.

Last edited:
Frankly, if that's a question from you, your 5D3 & 1D4 will feel pretty disappointed. =)

why you didn't help me like you said you would? :)

Sometimes I wonder.. Why some of the people in CS couldn't simply answer the question posted? Why there is so much unnecessary reply such as "there is a search button", "spoonfed?" and some other rude reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.