5D mk 2 versus mk 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtan

Jan 26, 2005
can a previous owner of the mk 2 who is now using a mk 3 tell me the difference between the 2 from the user point of view? a marked improvement? many thanks

I thought I had a reply to this qn? How come its gone :eek:

Tell you got what use? The specs and reviews are already out. Gooooooooooogggggle or borrow a set and test it out lah.

can a previous owner of the mk 2 who is now using a mk 3 tell me the difference between the 2 from the user point of view? a marked improvement? many thanks

there are already threads on it.. use the search function or search around goggle.
many thanks.

Hi gtan, there is already many threads about in CS itself, and most reviews that you can Google should tell you of the differences between the mk3 and the mk2 in terms of actual usage.

of course got use! i want to hear first hand from a user pure and simple !! i not so free like u to go borrow a set and use ! sheeesshhh

of course got use! i want to hear first hand from a user pure and simple !! i not so free like u to go borrow a set and use ! sheeesshhh

Can you go to the official 5D3 user thread and read then? So much info over there, I scared its information overload for people like u.

Considering that reviews of the MkIII that have comparisons to the MkII aren't considered hand?

exactly !! too much info overload and unfortunately i am not a genius like u hence would appreciate a simple answer from a fellow user as to the simple difference between the 2 models . comprehende?

exactly !! too much info overload and unfortunately i am not a genius like u hence would appreciate a simple answer from a fellow user as to the simple difference between the 2 models . comprehende?

To summarize it (massively). Better ISO performance and much better AF system and more frames per second + Plenty of other small and appreciable differences.

here 5D3 Does Night Safari [Page 1]: Canon EOS-1D / 1Ds / 5D Forum: Digital Photography Review

My night safari shots with comparison.

U lazy? Not any one of our problem. U know where to get info but insisting to be spoonfed.

gtan said:

Just go and get it. Worth every cents. U will not regret.

Information overload? R.O.F.L. You're using 'don't know' to cover up your 'cannot be bothered'. My advice is for you is to not get this camera, if even reading up online is too much a chore for you. The manual that comes with the camera will cause you to run away screaming like a little girl.

avsquare said:
U lazy? Not any one of our problem. U know where to get info but insisting to be spoonfed.

Sometimes I wonder.. Why some of the people in CS couldn't simply answer the question posted? Why there is so much unnecessary reply such as "there is a search button", "spoonfed?" and some other rude reply.

I seriously wonder is this forum created to search for past or created for members to discuss? If everything have to be search.. And no communication between this community, Then this forum will be pretty much dead bcx of people who thinks like that.

Apologizes if you find my reply very rude, but at the very least that's how I feel.

LouisLau said:
Sometimes I wonder.. Why some of the people in CS couldn't simply answer the question posted? Why there is so much unnecessary reply such as "there is a search button", "spoonfed?" and some other rude reply.

I seriously wonder is this forum created to search for past or created for members to discuss? If everything have to be search.. And no communication between this community, Then this forum will be pretty much dead bcx of people who thinks like that.

Apologizes if you find my reply very rude, but at the very least that's how I feel.

If u are one of the those who had already mentioned all the differences in another thread especially dedicated to the 5D3,will u kindly ask another newbie who is looking for the same answer that u had replied in another thread to search for it?
Or would u repeat the long keying procedure and keep thinking if u had missed out any points?
Or will U go and dig back your old post to copy and paste for these newbies to spoon feed them?

After doing that,1 week later, another newbie asked the same question again.
What will u do?

Giving a review is not a simple few mins typing without thinking kind of procedure.
Some people just expect to be spoon feed without trying to take a few mins of time to read through which should be much faster than waiting for replies.

There is a fine line between those who cannot help themselves and those who don't want to help themselves. The point about many hobbies is that the best person to help you is yourself. If you don't want to help yourself, how can others help? This thread was not created for the purposes of discussion but for the TS to be spoonfed answers, as he clearly stated himself. Moreover, he is asking for information that is freely available on the net everywhere.

Let's take for example, what is depth of field. There is a whole Wiki article defining it. Coming to Clubsnap, posting a question, and waiting for the answer is just a waste of time.

Hi ,

Originally Posted by gtan

I have read all the reviews and discussion here , and it depends on your expectation, but if you want a simple answer......5DIII is more expensive and better than the cheaper 5DII !

You will have to take my word for it , if you wanna know why , lots of infor here in Clubsnap and on the net, go search for it!

Cheers!

Last edited:
Hi ,

I have read all the reviews and discussion here , and it depends on your expectation, but if you want a simple answer......5DIII is more expensive and better than the cheaper 5DII !

You will have to take my word for it , if you wanna know why , lots of infor here in Clubsnap and on the net, go search for it!

Cheers!

I was about to say this too :bsmilie:

"What's the difference between 1DX and 1D4/5D3? - How deep your pocket is"
"What's the difference between 1DC and 1DX? - How deep your pocket is"
:bsmilie:

Turbonetics said:
If u are one of the those who had already mentioned all the differences in another thread especially dedicated to the 5D3,will u kindly ask another newbie who is looking for the same answer that u had replied in another thread to search for it?
Or would u repeat the long keying procedure and keep thinking if u had missed out any points?
Or will U go and dig back your old post to copy and paste for these newbies to spoon feed them?

After doing that,1 week later, another newbie asked the same question again.
What will u do?

Of course, It's depends on individual. I'm the kind of person who willing to share the knowledge.

As for your question; I'll reply what the newbie is require to know and give suggestion to him/her. (if i have such knowledge, of course).

I try to stand in the person shoes first before I even say anything. It's simply just about courtesy. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.