5D Mirror Drop Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont wait for the mirror to come off then you go service. Service it now or you will regret! Trust me most 5D mirror will come off in within less than 2 years! :(

wow didn know this is a common problem. cos last june was doing a commercial shoot with a fren when his 5d mirror drop out for the first time. used double sided tape to hold it temporarily cos didn bring a backup cam. scary!

but can it be prevented by sending it down to CSC first to rectify the problem ? :dunno:

yup, alot of replies have mentioned about sending it to CSC for fixing before the drop happend. =)

Quick check: does this only happen in warm humid countries like Singapore? I don't hear of this much in the US forums..

Also, can I use Nikon DX lenses on a 5D with an appropriate converter? Is there enough clearance for the mirror?

Thanks in advance!

Actually it's not true. Was down at the CSC around 5+pm today. Duly produced my CPS member card, camera was checked by technician. They refused to "replace" the glue for me - said to bring back only if the mirror drops out le..... :confused:

i hope they give free repair now as it is common in 5D users.

Seems weird since 5D is a professional quality grade camera

Actually it's not true. Was down at the CSC around 5+pm today. Duly produced my CPS member card, camera was checked by technician. They refused to "replace" the glue for me - said to bring back only if the mirror drops out le..... :confused:

CMI~~~~ easier to fix dropped mirror then removed a good mirror to fix it..

I suppose they're now have a stampede coming in to get mirrors checked/reattached. What i basically told them was that i do this for a living and can't afford to wait for the mirror to drop out, and it's as simple as that.

They are probably swarmed with 5D owners and got fustrated......

I suppose they're now have a stampede coming in to get mirrors checked/reattached. What i basically told them was that i do this for a living and can't afford to wait for the mirror to drop out, and it's as simple as that.

:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie: CSC technicians started clearing MCs to siam 5D owners~~

Status
Not open for further replies.