50mm RF lenses Shot Wide Open using M9

Strangely, all I remembered doing was eating and eating..... :cheers:

Yup. I certainly didn't do much either, just turned up for the party. But I'm impressed with Thomas' logistic planning and Francic's patience with the test. :thumbsup:

With reference to the image from the Canon 0.95. the focus seems to be on the rim of the drinking glass instead of the letter A on the Macallan. Front focusing sample?

Cheers,

Both Gommy and Benny are in this. How come Fujinon 50/2 and Tanar 50/2 are not in the list?
Nice shots from the listed lenses!

We were all fortunate gommy was late and Benny came straight from work. Otherwise, we will still be shooting and shooting. Thomas may need to book a larger place also and hire security :sweat:. And Dan was on a plane, so we were indeed lucky this time round.

We were all fortunate gommy was late and Benny came straight from work. Otherwise, we will still be shooting and shooting. Thomas may need to book a larger place also and hire security :sweat:. And Dan was on a plane, so we were indeed lucky this time round.

Nah I wouldve just gone for a chance to drink thomas's fine single malt and to "needle" kow kor (dirty up the 0.95 asph). It looked like real fun, sigh, I should just quit work and concentrate on what really matters in life.....I must say I'm very surprised with the noct 1.0 and believe or not the sharpness of the j3

Interesting to note that 2 samples of the Canon 50mm f/1.5 produce different results. Did the bluish cast affect the contrast?

Cheers,

Interesting to note that 2 samples of the Canon 50mm f/1.5 produce different results. Did the bluish cast affect the contrast?

Cheers,

I took out the ir filter on my copy. Not sure if we did that on Mike. First shot mine n second mike.

The copy of J3 lens seems very good!

You should see pictures of the Noct @ f/2. :cool:

pls post it...!!! can't wait! still shoot the noct at f/2 is doing justice to the price and size one paid hahaha

Yup. I certainly didn't do much either, just turned up for the party. But I'm impressed with Thomas' logistic planning and Francic's patience with the test. :thumbsup:

With reference to the image from the Canon 0.95. the focus seems to be on the rim of the drinking glass instead of the letter A on the Macallan. Front focusing sample?

Cheers,

Yes, this copy of the lens at wide open has a bit of front focusing shift, thus the out of focus.

Shot taken stop down @ f2.8
4428558004_64fdb2361a_b.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: a5m

Hehe...this is just the beginning...the quest will continue..."My favourite 35mm lens party" :lovegrin: will be next...haha...looks like we can start collecting entrance fee...:bsmilie:...talk to our Fund Manager, Benny

ok. tomorrow Leica 50mm prices will change for good...
Those involved know where to name your own lenses hor... hehe

4427032119_ac695c0840_b.jpg

Wah....the great 50mm shootout...had this been known to the public you guys do need security on the premises ;p