50D coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
using technical analysis fo the historical release dates of the canon xxD versions, i've come up with a stochastic model predicting the next release date to be somewhere around Feb 2009..

haha just kidding. the previous models were released within 18months space in between, 50D coming soon? yup most probably next year dude..

I beginning think that 50D is the rival model for D300. Lets hope so...

if u buy 10 x 5D, you got 50D
with 120mpx, can mount 10 lenses at a time, run with 10 CF cards, and if u find a way to sync them, 30fps.

in Aug 08,,, 14MP, LCD rotate LV. 3' LCD, ISO 100-6400

seems pretty reasonable to launch the new cameras during the olympics which is like the most major sporting event in the world. Wonder what other new DSLRs will be launched? a sony FF?

Is the 5D mkII launched at Aug too? I thought the 5D replacement should be coming earlier than the 40D replacement...

seems pretty reasonable to launch the new cameras during the olympics which is like the most major sporting event in the world. Wonder what other new DSLRs will be launched? a sony FF?

Is the 5D mkII launched at Aug too? I thought the 5D replacement should be coming earlier than the 40D replacement...

5D replacement is still, i heard a rumour~~..

I beginning think that 50D is the rival model for D300. Lets hope so...
Hmm seriously speaking, I am hoping Canon will launch both the 5D mk II and 50D at the same time, and squeeze the D300 out of the market (I sound like a fanatic here, but right now the D300 is owning the market being one of the best APS-C crop cameras in its price range). But of course, I am more keen to see the 5D mk II. Canon did a good one by introducing spot metering in the 450D, IMHO.

but right now the D300 is owning the market being one of the best APS-C crop cameras in its price range

Actually, the 450D owns the market now. The D300 cannot possibly achieve that due to its price. As a matter of fact, the 40D sells better than the D300 in Japan, again due to its price. Nevertheless, the combined sales of the D40, D60 and D80 is VERY impressive.

But I agree, the D300 is the best APS-C camera in the market now. Saying that, I must admit I have shot alongside D300 owners in my current trip to US, and I have witnessed how owners struggle with their cameras (especially in white balancing, flash output and exposure metering) while Canon owners were zipping merrily along. Probably has more to do with the people behind the camera than the camera itself. But still... :bsmilie:

Personally, I don't think Canon plans to release such a well featured APS-C camera. They probably set their eyes on the future which reads full-frame. :)

LCD rotate LV. 3' LCD sound really cool haha i want to believe in this man..
and ISO 100-6400 sound crazy enough for a 400d user like me ..its like 4time more then my max iso
WOOO hopefully all this rumour is true man

LCD rotate LV. 3' LCD sound really cool haha i want to believe in this man..
and ISO 100-6400 sound crazy enough for a 400d user like me ..its like 4time more then my max iso
WOOO hopefully all this rumour is true man

It's two stops higher than your highest ISO. You cannot count it mathematically. Every time the ISO figure doubles, you gain one stop.

Personally, I don't think Canon plans to release such a well featured APS-C camera. They probably set their eyes on the future which reads full-frame. :)

Amen to that.

The main reason why I chose Canon is because above all other brands, Canon is the only one that has shown a true commitment to FF. If APS-C cameras are doing so well, imagine what happens when the sensor size is increased to FF.

Samuel

90Ds coming out in 2020 :)

It's two stops higher than your highest ISO. You cannot count it mathematically. Every time the ISO figure doubles, you gain one stop.

But he's also semi right mah, cos 2 stops is 4 times the amount of light.

back to topic... I think this thread might hold a lot of people back during the PC show if they are thinking of hooting the 40D during that time. Me, for one.

back to topic... I think this thread might hold a lot of people back during the PC show if they are thinking of hooting the 40D during that time. Me, for one.

So what if you get a "year's late" of technology? The 40D is what many Canon-ers are using anyway. The 50D will improve on the 40D, not take over the 40D.

Saying that, I must admit I have shot alongside D300 owners in my current trip to US, and I have witnessed how owners struggle with their cameras (especially in white balancing, flash output and exposure metering) while Canon owners were zipping merrily along.

Probably cos' they have just migrated from Canon to Nikon D300....;)

Status
Not open for further replies.