50D coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
doesn't sound like real, but if it is, sounds like not much new tech breakthru, more like upgrade of 40d, more appropriate to call it the 45D.

doesn't sound like real, but if it is, sounds like not much new tech breakthru, more like upgrade of 40d, more appropriate to call it the 45D.

When it finally arrives (and I seriously doubt it is August '08 but I have no source) it better not be like the 20D -> 30D update. Canon wasted 18 months of technology lead there.

if i told you i got this news from canon SG director, will be trust me?:)or u selct dpreview as a reliable source?:)

Still waiting for your actual source...or did you just conveniently cook up another story, like the post that lenny linked?

We need such 'news/rumours/speculations' to generate interest in CS to higher readership, resulting in more advertisers, so that forum boss can upgrade to a larger server space.

We need such 'news/rumours/speculations' to generate interest in CS to higher readership, resulting in more advertisers, so that forum boss can upgrade to a larger server space.

True true. BRB taking photos.

When it finally arrives (and I seriously doubt it is August '08 but I have no source) it better not be like the 20D -> 30D update. Canon wasted 18 months of technology lead there.
true.. think Canon has hit a platau now cos there's really nothing much to improve on. while the other camps are doing all the catching up.

I would hope for a SuperCCD style of sensor with CMOS calling it the SuperCMOS

Are you sure Canon has hit a plateau in terms of technology? I dun really think so.
Nikon is still very strong features and performance wise especially their auto focus system and accuracy.

IMO I want all the AF sensors cross type + precision. 1x viewfinder or bigger

IMO I want all the AF sensors cross type + precision. 1x viewfinder or bigger

On the 40D, all AF sensors are already Cross-type.

Even on the 1Ds Mark III, the magnification is 0.76x. I doubt a 1x viewfinder is practical to incorporate.

Nikon is still very strong features and performance wise especially their auto focus system and accuracy.

Let's see... before the D3/D300, Nikon has never had an AF sensor with something like 45 or more points. Now that they have the 51 point AF sensor, they are suddenly king of AF system? In addition, Rob Galbraith (the guy who criticized the 1D mkIII AF system) had said that AI servo on the 20D/30D beats the crap out of D200 in terms of number of keepers.

I no longer subscribe to internet rumors. I admit I once succumbed to the one on the 5D mkII and when that failed to materialize, I promised myself I would no longer believe in stuff on the web unless they are officially announced. :D

Come on think about this: there are rumors about the 5D MkII, 3D (new class of pro camera), 50D and XS (new entry-level). Is it even remotely possible that Canon will release 5 new DSLRs (including the recent 450D/XSi) in 1 year? When someone claimed last year that Nikon would announce 14 new lenses, I questioned his credibility. I am doing the same now.

I'm not convinced unless there is information released and posted from Canon about it.

No point quoting from the Canon SG director. He could have jolly said that a Canon medium format 39mp camera is on its way.

thinkvision, were you at funan IT mall discussing this yesterday? with the director of canon or something. :)

I will wait for 5D....:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.