4GB Compact Flash??

Status
Not open for further replies.
my vote for Transcend 120x 4GB, got it for S$220 at IT Show.

At SLS can u get that price?

Some say 4GB is not always compatible with some camera .. Is that true?
I have D70... can that be use? Also some say its better to get 1GB or 2 GB the most..(better performance)
I really have no idea of this... Can anyone share..if you have some knowledge of this...:sweat:

My 1D MKII got no problem with 4GB CF, can shoot up to 662 pic in one card.

I know there are pple who use 8GB MD even on the old 300D.

Wai said:
My 1D MKII got no problem with 4GB CF, can shoot up to 662 pic in one card.

I know there are pple who use 8GB MD even on the old 300D.

I even used a 4GB Microdrive on my old 1D MKII and write speeds were never a problem for me.

However, depending on how large your file size is going to be, I highly recommend a Extreme III.

Just because its slower does not mean cannot use. It really depends on your needs and shooting styles.

If you shoot landscapes, use the slowest one also can.

Determine whether the bottleneck (the weakest link) is the write speed of the CF card, or the write speed on your camera body. Decide than if its necessary to get the highest speed one; or lifetime, or 1 year warranty will do ( in that order)

I still use my 1 gb Lexar 40x from my 300D days. My rapid shooting style has not required me to go to any higher speed CF card yet. If I were using 300D, 350D, or 10D, still I will buy those 40x cards again used 1-4gb from the people here.

Some of the cheap flash memory at SLS are facrory rejects and do not store to full capacity.

Buyer beware.

Thanks
You have any idea how much is Extreme III now?

So the speed in Compact flash determine how fast you can open your pictures in the computer right?? If you have 4GB of pictures for example and using normal speed it will take you forever to open all that files isn't??

I think the price went down already...any idea how much is Extreme III now?

u know how much is 4GB Extreme III ?

Thanks!

BBB!!! MTL !!! what are you waiting for ?????

Espn, 4GB Extreme III work alright with D70??

Just buy what you can afford now. No need to go for the highest speed. The price of such IT stuff will keep dropping. Its a matter of when you actually need it - not just "want to" have it. The sales rep at SLS, IT show or any other shops will try to sell their latest and "fastest" CF card but I told them I'm not in a hurry to get any CF cards now :) Unless ... you need it for your rice bowl :think:

dharma said:
At SLS can u get that price?
which shops in SLS are good to look for transcend? i went today and saw kingston mostly .. didn't notice transcend.

the transcend 2gig is also 120X?
no transcend has lifetime warranty right .. but for cards with lifetime warranty, what usually happens? u send it to shop or to the agent office .. they replace or take time to repair ..?

Status
Not open for further replies.