4GB Compact Flash??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Transcend don't have lifetime warranty. Only Kingston & Sandisk have lifetime warranty. Someone mentioned at Sim Lim Sq 'Best Bargain' #05-02, Transcend 120x 2gb CF is selling for $106. 4gb $197.

philshots said:
Just buy what you can afford now. No need to go for the highest speed. The price of such IT stuff will keep dropping. Its a matter of when you actually need it - not just "want to" have it. The sales rep at SLS, IT show or any other shops will try to sell their latest and "fastest" CF card but I told them I'm not in a hurry to get any CF cards now :) Unless ... you need it for your rice bowl :think:
Buy what you need rather.

wrx_sti_22b said:
Transcend don't have lifetime warranty. Only Kingston & Sandisk have lifetime warranty. Someone mentioned at Sim Lim Sq 'Best Bargain' #05-02, Transcend 120x 2gb CF is selling for $106. 4gb $197.

:bigeyes: :bigeyes: Transcend CF 4GB for $197? That is damn cheap...

hays said:
:bigeyes: :bigeyes: Transcend CF 4GB for $197? That is damn cheap...

Check out the shop lah... Best Bargain #05-02 Sim Lim Square... Better than paying $239.90 for Sandisk Extreme III 2gb right? On some other threads with a weblink on CF card write & read speed, the Transcend 120X is only a tinny winny bit slower than Sandisk Extreme III & Lexar 133x only. For the price & the capacity, it's worth it.

Hi,

Has anyone used the Extreme III 4GB with D100?

thanks.

Beside the speed n prices of the diff brand of CF cards

Maybe also need to consider the operating n storage temp of the CF card if u r a regular globe-trekker :dunno:
Especially if u r going to countries w/ winter < -10-15C or below & desert which temp soar to 40-50C, ur CF card might fail on u
Can check the specs of diff brands loh

But if main usage is in Spore, it doesn't matters really ;)

To throw further confusion into the discussion, don't forget the Extreme IV with the Extreme Firewire card reader = 40Mb/s download speeds ! :eek: Announced a couple of days ago I think...

http://www.sandisk.com/Products/ProductInfo.aspx?ID=2006

If you don't want to be at the bleeding edge then at least the Extreme III will be had cheaper very soon. :D

Cheers

sumball said:
I was about to get my Transcend 4GB CF card at the IT show but I did not buy finally after I am told that the warranty is only for a year instead of life-time like others...

just for your info..because best bargain never get their goods from Transcend sole distributor in Singapore so they cannot provide the life-time warranty..^_^

TMC said:
Qns :
I think the price went down already...any idea how much is Extreme III now? Ans : 2GB around 240

4mths down the road. Now is $137.

Status
Not open for further replies.