450D, when will the release date be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFAIK, if you want your camera covered under warranty in Singapore, the only option you have is to convert it to a 6mth international warranty, from a 12mth local warranty, if you buy your camera from abroad.

Thanks for that.. anyone knows then if price outside sg will be relatively cheaper? since already losing on the warranty count. hehe..

the sample of 450D (claimed untouch) is rather impressive to me.. (pardon me not a professional :))

digging thru.. the review seems positive.. i really like the change of memory format.. to SD.. (already own many cam with it..) so..

Thanks.

AFAIK, if you want your camera covered under warranty in Singapore, the only option you have is to convert it to a 6mth international warranty, from a 12mth local warranty, if you buy your camera from abroad.

Hi Calebk,
There is no international warranty for DSLR sold in Singapore. The exchange to an International warranty only applies to Ixus and Powershot cameras. However having said that, all camera bought in Singapore, the warranty is valid in either Singapore/China/India.

Hi Calebk,
There is no international warranty for DSLR sold in Singapore. The exchange to an International warranty only applies to Ixus and Powershot cameras. However having said that, all camera bought in Singapore, the warranty is valid in either Singapore/China/India.

Thanks for the clarification.

Anyone knows whats the app. price in hK? SG's gonna be around 1300~1400+ i think... for body only.

And i read somewhere that it boasts that its 12mp noise control is comparable to a "10mp camera" (400D i guess, but they nv specifically say).

definitely attractive to enthusiate like me.

so when will it be out locally?

The Canon guys at the IT show told us end of this month :) so let's wait

Hi,
Canon 350D had already been removed from the current EOS list in Canon Singapore website and the new 400D kit is no longer labelled as "new", so I guess it will be very soon... :)

Have a nice day.

Hi Calebk,

Thanks for the clarification.

Hi,
Canon 350D had already been removed from the current EOS list in Canon Singapore website and the new 400D kit is no longer labelled as "new", so I guess it will be very soon... :)

Have a nice day.

Thanks both for the info..
so if the unit is from other country... i.e. Japan / US could it be converted or something to international warranty?
Thanks/

Thanks both for the info..
so if the unit is from other country... i.e. Japan / US could it be converted or something to international warranty?
Thanks/

Please read carefully.

Hi Calebk,

You cannot convert a warranty to int'l warranty for an EOS camera bought from overseas. This conversion can only be done for Ixus and Powershot warranties.

i emailed canon to ask abt the release date. here is their reply...with nothing that we don't already know

Dear Mr _____,

Thank you for your interest in our Canon products. The tentative launch
date for the new models in Singapore are end-March or early-April. We have
yet to finalized on the pricing. Please look out for it in our URL @
www.canon.com.sg as we will post up the models and pricing up once they are
available in Singapore.

Thanks & best regards
Leeann

Announced officially,
http://www.canon.com.sg/index.cfm?fuseaction=presscentre&prod_type=pressdetails&filetitle=325

"Pricing and availability
The Canon EOS 450D DSLR camera will be available at all Canon authorized dealers from early April t the following recommended retail prices,
– EOS 450D Body only: S$1,349
– EOS 450D Kit (EF-S 18-55mm F3.5 – 5.6 IS kit lens): S$1,499"

On sale from 21 Mar 2008 in Japan
http://cweb.canon.jp/camera/eosd/kissx2/index.html

may be i can get in japan. will it be cheaper at japan?

To share with everyone here...

2345892194_f2b1627537.jpg

2345893128_f1d1523c03.jpg

Hi-res: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3205/2345893128_7f5413e99e_o.jpg

2345893838_8d450ca6d8.jpg

Hi-res: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2024/2345893838_e1de242f26_o.jpg

2345894768_81f4c21c7a.jpg

Hi-res: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3216/2345894768_7396f33899_o.jpg

niceeee

&#8211; EOS 450D Kit (EF-S 18-55mm F3.5 &#8211; 5.6 IS kit lens): S$1,499 <<<--- Suitable for travel use? Mostly take people and background.

Will it be cheaper to get in Japan or more expensive?

i emailed canon to ask abt the release date. here is their reply...with nothing that we don't already know

Dear Mr _____,

Thank you for your interest in our Canon products. The tentative launch
date for the new models in Singapore are end-March or early-April. We have
yet to finalized on the pricing. Please look out for it in our URL @
www.canon.com.sg as we will post up the models and pricing up once they are
available in Singapore.

Thanks & best regards
Leeann

Thats pretty bad english

oh it is finally here... but at 1500SGD for kit option... :( seems a little expensive?

oh it is finally here... but at 1500SGD for kit option... :( seems a little expensive?

niceeee

– EOS 450D Kit (EF-S 18-55mm F3.5 – 5.6 IS kit lens): S$1,499 <<<--- Suitable for travel use? Mostly take people and background.

Will it be cheaper to get in Japan or more expensive?

Take note that you can usually find it cheaper than the Canon website's price. The 18-55 IS is one of the most, if not the most, impressive Canon kit lenses around. It's a good lens for travel, lightweight and reasonably sharp.

should i get it here or japan? going japan on the 28th march, afraid singapore won't have stock by then.

jp cheapest i seen is 86000++ with the kit lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.