3rd party GPS unit add on

eddy400d

Jan 3, 2007
I know this have been discussed before but it has been long while ago.

If anyone knows if there are 3rd Party GPS unit that can be attached to the flash mounting and ve the data included directly onto the photo as you take them. (ya something like that of the Nikon).

i find it too troublesome to carry a GPS logger and have to manually sync them.

Pls share

I know this have been discussed before but it has been long while ago.

If anyone knows if there are 3rd Party GPS unit that can be attached to the flash mounting and ve the data included directly onto the photo as you take them. (ya something like that of the Nikon).

i find it too troublesome to carry a GPS logger and have to manually sync them.

Pls share

I would be interested in an answer to this question too. Also what brands are recommended? Anyone?

I travel alot. I am using the "ATP GPS PHOTOFINDER PRO PHOTO". If U using SD memory, then it can tag on the device itself. & u can also using the mini usb to link the card reader for other memory card. The down side is that it require a recommended card reader, else U have to download the data and using the software to tag. Battery is using AAA and last me about half a days from 7am to about 3pm(usually I take 6 rechargeable). I find it very useful and U can tag for your friends photo for them for those travel same place with u.

If U own a iphone, there is apps that mean for EOS system.

I travel alot. I am using the "ATP GPS PHOTOFINDER PRO PHOTO". If U using SD memory, then it can tag on the device itself. & u can also using the mini usb to link the card reader for other memory card. The down side is that it require a recommended card reader, else U have to download the data and using the software to tag. Battery is using AAA and last me about half a days from 7am to about 3pm(usually I take 6 rechargeable). I find it very useful and U can tag for your friends photo for them for those travel same place with u.

If U own a iphone, there is apps that mean for EOS system.

Many thanks! :)

Thanks for the reply... can you advice the apps on the Iphone?

I think right now there is alot in the aps store if U search geo tag. The software that I tested is Geologtag. It a great software. Mainly U have to let the apps to run and carry it with U while U traveling. During my time, there is still no multitasking for my iphone yet. So it kind of hard for the apps to run on the background. The apps works once I unloaded those pic that needs to tag on to my MAc machines(windows users need to download another come alone application). Quit easy to use.
Hope info will help.

Thanks Max... I am planning to buy the panasonic tz10 it has a built in Gps. Just that I will leave my canon home more. Sad....