300D message "[ b[

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steplim

May 11, 2005
One North
First of all, just want to wish everyone "Nian Nian You Yu!"

I took out my 300D and 17-40 from dry box to prepare for NCY photos shoot on first day of NY, I realised something strange happened on my 300D:(
There was a message whenever I turn on my 300D, i.e. "[ b[" this message changed to "EOS" after I press the shutter again thereafter, DSLR starts as per normal. This happens evertimes I turn on my DSLR.

Has anyone had any idea what this "[ b[" is ? Can someone enlighten me? Thanks!:)

did you flash the firmware before?

Perhaps that small battery which keeps the date has gone flat.
Replace it :)

:dunno: Strange, as I have just changed my battery before.
I suspected this before and have checked the battery but this meesage kept coming back.
Although this doesn't cause any harm, it does give me some concern.

Just wondering whether this is the signal of end of shutter life?? Anyone come across, please let me know..... :sweat:

:dunno: Strange, as I have just changed my battery before.
I suspected this before and have checked the battery but this meesage kept coming back.
Although this doesn't cause any harm, it does give me some concern.

Just wondering whether this is the signal of end of shutter life?? Anyone come across, please let me know..... :sweat:

i have the same problem with u.. at first i check the 300D manual it tell me is the low batt error for the small batt which beside the slot we insert battery.. but after few weeks my cam shutter dead.. :cry: :cry: :cry:

i have the same problem with u.. at first i check the 300D manual it tell me is the low batt error for the small batt which beside the slot we insert battery.. but after few weeks my cam shutter dead.. :cry: :cry: :cry:

:sweat: Do you mean yours' shutter is dead now?? After this message "[b[":cry:

*Could* be a coincidence?

:sweat: Do you mean yours' shutter is dead now?? After this message "[b[":cry:

Ya.. my 300D was sleep peaceful in my drybox.. waiting my free time send it back to services..

*Could* be a coincidence?

it maybe.. but i not sure how long the small batt life. i had use it for almost 4 years.. maybe the end of the batt life will give a sign for nearly limit of shutter count. :dunno:

have u come across such wired error message?? :sweat:

No. I never touched 300D before, let alone use it for half as long as you. :) All the best in finding the prob and fixing it. =)

:think: ... think should be coincidence....

How much did you shoot with the camera? :think: alot?

Status
Not open for further replies.