2nd Outing to Abandoned Housing

Status
Not open for further replies.
tkp77 said:
I am really really interested in doing a mini project on old abundent buildings in Singapore.
Would like to see anyone interested too, so that we can form a group and do the exploring together. The core group may not be necessary be big group, maybe 2 to 3 person will do.

Just a thought that may be useful - Azure is an expert on these heritage places and history, and he often organise AGs to these secluded & unknown places. Well, the down side is that he doesn't reveal locations other than to his outings-goers.
I think his PA, Aeronautisis, is in the midst of a mega heritage project as well, one that covers the heritage and social history of the entire island. And if I'm not mistaken, her project involves field recce as well.

Too bad I'm too bogged down with personal matters to be in. Wish u guys all the best though.

interested too :)

Alright, it have been agreed to take place on Wednesday 28 December 2005, and will also coincide with the Singaporeans devART community devMEET (so for deviants here, http://singaporeans.deviantart.com first devMEET will be held on 28 December 2005).

The location have not been concurred on, however it will most likely be either Sentosa or Seletar West Farmway 6.

Do fill me with suggestions or any location you knew that is of particular interest to this outing.

;)

For whoever may be interested, fill up the following, we are opening for 6 members from ClubSNAP.

1. Slivester

I will PM you exactly a week before the actual outing to brief you a little.

Can ask whats the timing like?

1. Slivester
2. Vince123123

I will PM you exactly a week before the actual outing to brief you a little.

Guys and gals...

I have spoke to the Volunteer Exco of Central Singapore CDC about doing a project of exploring Heritage in Singapore using photography as a medium.

The management welcome the idea, and wanted me to write a white paper for the proposal.

Currently, there is a group of volunteers who are train as heritage guides and will lead residents who sign up to placs of heritage in singapore. We will be able to work with this group of volunteers as they are pretty resourceful in the heritage part. (by the way, we will not only be looking at abundand buildings, but more on places and buildings or landmark that is pre war...)

We will organise the outings probably once every 2 weeks. And at the end of say 12 outings (number is just example)... we will end the project with a photo competition, and also a mini exhibition. Details of this still need to work on further.

Currently CDC do not have many photographers who can guide participants in the outing, therefore I have to look for interested parties to help out in this project.

I have to make it very clear. This is a volunteer work for community benefit. Don't ask me or the volunteer exco for fees or benefits, we want purely volunteers. participants will be mainly residents of all ages, so you have to be paitient and helpful to guide them in photography need.

I will set up a yahoogroup account for those who are interested in continue in this project as core members and action team. and also another thread for public discussion. I hope those who indicate their interest in entering the yahoogroup are really interested. Cos we might have regular meetings at certain time; especially near to the exhibition and competition period. And will need those who participate as action team to take turn to lead the outings. As for meeting time, usually is after work or weekends.

Please sent me your details for those interested to join the yahoo group to: francis.tan@snapxot.com

Don't PM, only email. Give me your CS nick, Real Name, Contact no, and email address.
Any questions, can email me seperately.

Cheers,
Francis Tan

Guys, last minute change: One of the co-organiser have advised that the outing should be postponed due to her legal enquiry over the visiting of restricted sites.

I will post a notification after she have received confirmation.

;)

LordAeRo said:
I'm interested but just wondering, is it illegal to enter such buildings? Like are we trespassing or something?

Theorectically if the property has no obvious valid sign or no obvious barrier to prevent people from going in, it isn't illegal to go in.

And to commit tresspassing, we have to alter or destroy the sign or barrier to go in or out.

The way in is supposed to be a REAL way in to the property.

So let's say someone crawls thru a drain into the property, then he can be charged.

That's what I think.

Slivester, PM me on where you are intending to go! =D

Slivester said:
Guys, last minute change: One of the co-organiser have advised that the outing should be postponed due to her legal enquiry over the visiting of restricted sites.

;)

if it's saf property dont go :sticktong

Slivester said:

;)

I'm interested to join in the outing. Looking forward to hear good news. :)

redstone said:
Theorectically if the property has no obvious valid sign or no obvious barrier to prevent people from going in, it isn't illegal to go in.

And to commit tresspassing, we have to alter or destroy the sign or barrier to go in or out.

The way in is supposed to be a REAL way in to the property.

So let's say someone crawls thru a drain into the property, then he can be charged.

That's what I think.

Slivester, PM me on where you are intending to go! =D

Hello

Thank you! Anyway most of my co-organisers have chickened, and leaving me and another friend. I will consider Seletar West Farmway 6 again, after all thats about all I can squeeze out that is not barricaded.

There are a couple of apartment blocks in Ang Mo Kio that are abandonded as well, if I am not wrong.

I will get back to you when I settle with the location.

I'm still interested, won't chicken out :)

Slivester said:
Hello

Thank you! Anyway most of my co-organisers have chickened, and leaving me and another friend. I will consider Seletar West Farmway 6 again, after all thats about all I can squeeze out that is not barricaded.

There are a couple of apartment blocks in Ang Mo Kio that are abandonded as well, if I am not wrong.

I will get back to you when I settle with the location.

The gods favor the bold......................;p

I don't mind, as long as I'm not caught up with poly projects.

Alright, I have discussed with my administrators over at singaporeans.deviantart.com, and we decided that the devMEET will not coincide with the CS outing.

So, I will go through the re-planning, and post once I get the details sort out. :)

Hi, I'm interested as well.. Pls keep me posted,.. Tks

Status
Not open for further replies.