2nd EOS5 QD worth to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cliveming

Last week my uncle ask me about 2nd hand EOS 5 QD body, forget about the price first, i would like to know whether this body worth to get or not? i only know this body dun have E-TTL, that means its flash exposure not so good right, if compare to new EOS series such as EOS 30....is there any bad point for this camera....can give any suggestion?

hard to compare... more pro body but less modern performance... if can get shd get a 50 if old body preferred..
unless it's ridiculously cheap.
else if just need any body buy soemthing newer cheaper lighter like the eos 300v

The biggest problem with the EOS-5 is the dreaded command dial failure. This is a very well known problem so look for it. If the command dial is stiff or gritty, then stay far away. It's likely to break.

Except for the inability to do E-TTL flash the EOS-5 is a superb piece of engineering. Just look... it has been around since 1992, and still being sold. Which other modern camera has been seen on the shelves this long?

Originally posted by sriram
The biggest problem with the EOS-5 is the dreaded command dial failure. This is a very well known problem so look for it. If the command dial is stiff or gritty, then stay far away. It's likely to break.

Except for the inability to do E-TTL flash the EOS-5 is a superb piece of engineering. Just look... it has been around since 1992, and still being sold. Which other modern camera has been seen on the shelves this long?

Yeah...same here, I was choosing between a EOS 5 and a 30 and I picked the latter. I'd do without E-TTL but it's infamous command dial issue that edged me towards the newer camera body.

Originally posted by sriram

u can bring down to canon and ask them to loosen the dial so that it is not so tight, my friend has been using his for years and the dial is not a problem at all.

i just got mine a few months back from a fellow clubsnapper at $680...... with the vertical grip vg-10

i 've been using my eos5 since 1995, and i got it second hand from TCW somemore. my guess is that my camera is probably about 9 years old now.
One of the best SLR is its class.
Command dial is not a problem. After using it for 7 years, recently broke it because i was too anxious to grab a shot and twisted the dial too hard without depressing the catch properly. paid $55 bucks to repair it. i don see how the command dial can be a problem for this camera.
Also recently sent it to canon singapore for total body tuneup. Clean bill of health after 7 years of usage. Shutter has seen through at least 50,000 cycles and no problem still.
my main issue with canon is that ATTL is not accurate. avoid it like plague! TTL is okay though, but flash is not a strong trait of the EOS system, until ETTL arrived.

Status
Not open for further replies.