27 March (Sat) Black-Out in Little India Walkabout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got SD cards? :p

How to make an 8GB into 512MB
1. Go to NOTEPAD
2. Type a single space and save the file (e.g. A.TXT)
3. go to DOS
4. Type the following command (in the directory you created A.TXT)
TYPE A.TXT >> A.TXT
5. Repeat step 4 for total 29 times
6. If you lose track, type DIR and look at the file size. Stop when the file size is 536,870,912
7. Copy A.TXT into B.TXT, C.TXT, D.TXT (each file is 512MB so copy as many as you require.. for 8GB you will need 15 of these)
8. Copy A.TXT, B.TXT, C.TXT into your camera

Tada!

PS You will actually end up with less than 512MB on your card though coz "512MB" for harddisk and memory makers are not multiplies of 1024 but rather multiplies of 1000. Yeah it sucks. What you can do is instead of delete some spaces from the file mid-way (when it's 1024kb and make it 1000kb), then continue the copy process.

Another way is copy 14 of these instead of 15.. you will end up very close to 7.5GB out of your 8GB taken up by blank file, leaving you with only 0.5GB (or 512MB) to work with.

Last edited:
1. Go to NOTEPAD
3. go to DOS
TYPE A.TXT >> A.TXT
6. If you lose track, type DIR and look at the file size. Stop when the file size is 536,870,912
7. Copy A.TXT into B.TXT, C.TXT, D.TXT (each file is 512MB so copy as many as you require.. for 8GB you will need 15 of these)

Tada!

PS You will actually end up with less than 512MB on your card though coz "512MB" for harddisk and memory makers are not multiplies of 1024 but rather multiplies of 1000. Yeah it sucks. What you can do is instead of delete some spaces from the file mid-way (when it's 1024kb and make it 1000kb), then continue the copy process.

Another way is copy 14 of these instead of 15.. you will end up very close to 7.5GB out of your 8GB taken up by blank file, leaving you with only 0.5GB (or 512MB) to work with.

:thumbsup: Very clever! I didn't know that! Wow.

Ed, if I can get myself free from errands, I will most likely join you guys. Where you guys meeting up ah?

Why not "up the challenge" next time? No looking through viewfinder as well? (Reminds me of my final year in school)... all become rangefinder experts in no time.

this technique can be 'reversed' ?

1. Go to NOTEPAD
3. go to DOS
TYPE A.TXT >> A.TXT

Tada!

Ed, if I can get myself free from errands, I will most likely join you guys. Where you guys meeting up ah?

Why not "up the challenge" next time? No looking through viewfinder as well? (Reminds me of my final year in school)... all become rangefinder experts in no time.

meeting outside Little India MRT station entrance that is nearest to Tekka Market

see u there bro !

Just love this....... the list is taking forever to fill up ha ha ha !!

I have 7 small sized CF cards so am increasing the group size to 7 now. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

If going to fly aeroplane or cannot make it, please let me know or update list..... give another photog a chance

1. ed9119
2. ice2big
3. sinned79
4. calogan

1. Go to NOTEPAD
3. go to DOS
TYPE A.TXT >> A.TXT

Tada!

what about loading a 7GB file (eg. video, etc) onto an 8GB memory card? Then you only have less than 1GB of capacity.
... or a 3GB file onto a 4GB card, and so on...

what about loading a 7GB file (eg. video, etc) onto an 8GB memory card? Then you only have less than 1GB of capacity.
... or a 3GB file onto a 4GB card, and so on...

This is just a start... the rest is up to you ;)

(I also found out recently that my gf 7 years younger than me, has no idea about that SDU tag line).

1. ed9119
2. ice2big
3. sinned79
4. calogan
5. christysg

I haven't been shooting for the past...3 months. This is going to be such an easy walkabout for me XD

BHwahahahahaha!!!!!!! I have 3 x 256mb CF cards and 4 x 512mb CF cards !!!!

Bring along your thumbdrives if you need to borrow and transfer after the shoot

I kinda miss the 16mb CF cards packages with cameras ...

Hmm, sounds interesting.
Mind if I join you guys?

if u are up to it... put your name on the list and cut and paste it below

if your name is in list try best not to fly aeroplane on day itself so that others have a chance :thumbsup:

I shoot 3000 photos /32Gb a day:embrass:
is about time for me to try this.....:sweat:
(i only shoot RAW)

1. ed9119
2. ice2big
3. sinned79
4. calogan
5. christysg
6. tungtong

tungtong2010

Okay, count me in then.

1. ed9119
2. ice2big
3. sinned79
4. calogan
5. christysg
6. tungtong
7.evilspoon

Oh...... one advise....... set your cameras to one-shot mode (I know people like Tungtong can eat through 30Gigs in a single day ) :bsmilie:

Oh...... one advise....... set your cameras to one-shot mode (I know people like Tungtong can eat through 30Gigs in a single day ) :bsmilie:

Oh my... Am I too late to register...?

What abt restrict the lens to only 50mm... that will be fun too :D

Status
Not open for further replies.