135MM F2L & 70-200Mm F4L

quain

Aug 10, 2010
Hi I looking to buy my next lens. But is in a fix where not sure which is more worth buyin.

135mm f2L or 70-200 F4L.

Going to holiday in 2 weeks time but not sure what to buy.

Need some advice here

Hi I looking to buy my next lens. But is in a fix where not sure which is more worth buyin.

135mm f2L or 70-200 F4L.

Need some advice here

I have owned the 70-200 f/4 IS for a few years and can attest to its versatility. I use it mostly for concerts, events & shows... basically any event with a small to medium size audience (50-2000). I like both the lenses you're contemplating on buying but I would recommend the versatility of the 70-200 first. The 135mm f/2 is a very nice lens known for its creamy bokeh and extreme sharpness, however the 70-200 is no slouch in these areas either.

You do not mention your intended use except that you are going on holiday. If for holiday use, I assume you've got the lower focal ranges covered which is what I use most on my holidays. I rarely bring my 70-200 on holiday with me (I would feel the same with the 135mm), but if I were to bring one or the other on holiday, I would choose the 70-200 for its focal versatility.

135mm f2L or 70-200 F4L.

Need some advice here

hmmm, if you are not sure what to buy, then why buy? Might be easier to recommend you anything if you tell us in detail what you want to achieve..

I have both. If you are going for holiday its a mo brainer. 70-200. With the 135 you are going to miss a lot of shots.

If it's only between these 2, get the 70-200. The fixed focal length of 135 will limit your shots, especially indoors.

get the 70-200 is u only have 2 choices.

I think it's all right to carry DSLR bodies and L lenses. It depends on the countries/places you are traveling to. I'd say safety is key. More often than not, it's because photographers let their guard down which causes the gear to get stolen, and not so much because a Canon has higher resale value than say a Nikon so chances of it getting stolen is higher.

Whether to bring lens A or B also depends on how "on" you are when you travel. It sounds nice when you are here but once you are there in the foreign country, with the hassle of traveling itself (think getting to places on time, rushing for public transport while having to bear weight of your gear and changing lenses!), you may dampen your mood to take pictures.

Between 70-200mm and 135mm, for versatility, I'd go for the zoom. But if you want creative shots, have time to walk around, then 135mm will make a difference to your shots.

Hi,

Thanks a lot.

Think your comments has give me a better picture on what I should get. The zoom. :)