[09 Aug] Jurong Bird Park

Aaronlim81

Jul 1, 2010
Singapore, Bukit Panjang
Hi guys, went jurong bird park during national day. Below are just some of my shots. C and C welcome in order for me to improve.

IMG_3035.jpg

IMG_3071.jpg

IMG_3115.jpg

IMG_3133.jpg

IMG_3061.jpg

IMG_3104.jpg

Lastly may i know what the basic step that you guys will do in photoshop before posting? I got problem sharpen the picture. After i sharpen i realized there's lots of noise in picture. Can someone enlighten me please?Thanks.

Lastly may i know what the basic step that you guys will do in photoshop before posting? I got problem sharpen the picture. After i sharpen i realized there's lots of noise in picture. Can someone enlighten me please?Thanks.

First of all you need to crop to your cam's aspect ratio, all your pics are not in standard ratio. :)
Sharpening will add noise, so apply sharpening moderately. Use noise removal filter to improve it.

First of all you need to crop to your cam's aspect ratio, all your pics are not in standard ratio. :)
Sharpening will add noise, so apply sharpening moderately. Use noise removal filter to improve it.

Thanks for your tips bro,btw crop to my camera aspect ration?sound profound for mr. I'm using canon 500D which has a crop factor of 1.6?what should I need to do?I saw this trimming option in my EOS utility software. Wither crop using pixel of by dimension(cm or inches). I tries to sharpen it moderatly and use noise filter to remove noise ended up picture not so sharp. Anything doubt, does it mean using higher end camera let say a 50D 20-50mega pixel camera produce even more detail picture? I felt so disappointed whenever I saw those picture I took. So demoralized after seeing your picture in recent post. Super sharp, clear and really nice colour. Would appreciate if you could just share me a few tips. :dunno:

Nice BIF! :) Good shot on #2 also, nice compo :thumbsup:
#4 is food or foot? :think:.................:bsmilie:

Nice BIF! :) Good shot on #2 also, nice compo :thumbsup:
#4 is food or foot? :think:.................:bsmilie:

thanks bro.Lol the swan mistaken my wife's foot as food.keke..I personally think that only my #2 and #5 just acceptable only.The rest I don't really like it. Very disappointed. so difficult to achieved sharp picture. Abit feel like giving up birding.:cry:

Thanks for your tips bro,btw crop to my camera aspect ration?sound profound for mr. I'm using canon 500D which has a crop factor of 1.6?what should I need to do?I saw this trimming option in my EOS utility software. Wither crop using pixel of by dimension(cm or inches). I tries to sharpen it moderatly and use noise filter to remove noise ended up picture not so sharp. Anything doubt, does it mean using higher end camera let say a 50D 20-50mega pixel camera produce even more detail picture? I felt so disappointed whenever I saw those picture I took. So demoralized after seeing your picture in recent post. Super sharp, clear and really nice colour. Would appreciate if you could just share me a few tips. :dunno:

That is APS-C crop factor. :)
some eg of aspect ratio: 3:2. 4:3, 16:9 etc

Cropping to cam's aspect ratio using PS at Post #17
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=725663&highlight=crop

I like #2 (the toy-like bird that kengoh took before also) and #3 (what i like is the 3 ducks line up composition).
I like the bird in #5 too, but the bird in the foreground is a distraction. Next time you may want to wait until that bird you want to capture to be in full view and not blocked by other objects (in bird park so should be easier) before you take the pic.

thanks bro.Lol the swan mistaken my wife's foot as food.keke..I personally think that only my #2 and #5 just acceptable only.The rest I don't really like it. Very disappointed. so difficult to achieved sharp picture. Abit feel like giving up birding.:cry:
Don't give up. Just try to understand how your gears work & work around it. It takes patience & practice, lots of it.
I do believe that all of us, if not most of us struggle in the beginning to take good shots. So keep shooting & I'm sure you'll be able to achieve what you want to achieve ;)

Last edited:
Would appreciate if you could just share me a few tips. :dunno:

Have you tried <Noise Ninja> or <Neat Image> noise removal software/plugin?
Neat Image has profiles where you can sharpen & remove noise at the same time. You just play around with the settings & see how it goes. :)

Getting better bro! Nice shots.

Hi, I'm a newbie.. I'm at the birdpark on 09 Aug too... I couldn't get sharp images too.

photostream

photostream

Last edited:
Hi, I'm a newbie.. I'm at the birdpark on 09 Aug too... I couldn't get sharp images too.

photostream

photostream

Er... But those pics look quite okay wat... but if you would share your setting, maybe the experts or old birds here can give you some pointers.

Hi rhino, you mean u can see my image? I can't see them.

Hi rhino, you mean u can see my image? I can't see them.

Just go to the properties, copy the files, and paste them in the address bar... it will take you to the flickr website where you have your pics.

Hi lambretta42, why don't you start a new thread & repost your pics?
It's not so good to ask for comments/discussion in another member's thread. :)

[IMG.]http://www.flickr.com/photos/46253468@N07/4880644697/[/IMG] <--- remove the last "/" and your pics will be displayed correctly. :)

I like #2 (the toy-like bird that kengoh took before also) and #3 (what i like is the 3 ducks line up composition).
I like the bird in #5 too, but the bird in the foreground is a distraction. Next time you may want to wait until that bird you want to capture to be in full view and not blocked by other objects (in bird park so should be easier) before you take the pic.

Thanks for your advice bro.Will take note of the surrounding object in future.

Don't give up. Just try to understand how your gears work & work around it. It takes patience & practice, lots of it.
I do believe that all of us, if not most of us struggle in the beginning to take good shots. So keep shooting & I'm sure you'll be able to achieve what you want to achieve ;)

Thanks bro MM, will keep trying. Thanks for your encouragement.;)

Thansk for your compliment bro.Trying struggling hard to achieve half of your standard. =)

Nah. You are too modest. I am still learning to shoot too.