Zoombrowser - How to transfer from PC to Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

slooker_02

Aug 14, 2005
Dear all,
I am trying to transfer some pics from my pc to the camera.
However, when I use the camera window, the transfer to From Pc to Camera box is blank out. I cannot use it.

I tried copying from Win Explorer to the CF card direct. But when I cannot see the pics. I tried renaming the files to the camera naming style. But it say unidentified pic.

Any expert here who can help?

slooker_02 said:
Dear all,
I am trying to transfer some pics from my pc to the camera.
However, when I use the camera window, the transfer to From Pc to Camera box is blank out. I cannot use it.

I tried copying from Win Explorer to the CF card direct. But when I cannot see the pics. I tried renaming the files to the camera naming style. But it say unidentified pic.

Any expert here who can help?

You should be able to transfer from PC back to camera via Zoombrowser or Camera window.
Either use Zoombrowser or camera window... Acquire & Camera settings.. Set to camera...Upload image.

Update your zoombrowser to version 5.5 if needed. If still have problem call canon hotline for software support.

If you use copy directly into the CF/SD card ... the camera will not show those photo. It will give you all those error message.

TechMage said:
You should be able to transfer from PC back to camera via Zoombrowser or Camera window.
Either use Zoombrowser or camera window... Acquire & Camera settings.. Set to camera...Upload image.

Update your zoombrowser to version 5.5 if needed. If still have problem call canon hotline for software support.

If you use copy directly into the CF/SD card ... the camera will not show those photo. It will give you all those error message.

I have yet to try uploading pictures / files with my 350D but I know that the Ixus 400 does not support writing through USB file transfer. I had to do it through a card reader / writer.
(That's how I update my camera's firmware: through copying the file to my CF)

Hi all
Thanks for the reply.

My version is the latest version 5.5

I tried uploading the PC image to my G3 using the same CF card.

This time, I encountered error message that say the image was not taken with a Canon camera or it was edited. (The image was indeed edited by PS). The file did not transfer.

Anyone got a workround to this problem pls?

Hmmm I tired copying files to my 350D once using the USB cable.

From what I understand Canon does not allow their cameras to be used as USB drives. You need a separate card reader to do that, unlike other cameras which allow the camera to function as a card reader when its hooked to the computer (My Sony cam could do it).

Easiest solution to yr problem is to buy a card reader... they're pretty cheap...about $15. As for using zoom browser to transfer images to the camera, I've always been using a card reader so the option's always there.

Status
Not open for further replies.