Yunnan ()

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last 2 shots for this series... Definitely do not feature all the best of Yunnan as some places I went are not captured in this series (My Minolta D7i failed me at Fei Lai Shi and Meili Snow Mountain and a few areas where weather was sub zero...)

Enjoy...

#51 Making a living...

Yun056.jpg

#52 The beauty of Li Ming (黎明)

Yun057.jpg

Li ming is a newly discovered wonder in Yunnan in these 2 years. The views are breathtaking. Starting from e foot, I did a climb up for 4 hours (abt 1600m). But that was only the very beginning. Due to time constraints, I took only the one day route. The locals told me the 4 day route would take me through vast plains on the mountain tops (not joking as i have seen some pictures of explorers there) and great sceneries.

There are no lodgings on the mountains though so own outdoor equipment has to be brought along. Not much info is available on the web for this place and only locals at Li Ming can take u on this trail. Hope to go back take tat trail one day again...

Very nice series .... Thanks for sharing

#17, #19, #21 are my favourites.

Thanks for taking the time to share... was it a tour package or free and easy?

Very nice series .... Thanks for sharing

#17, #19, #21 are my favourites.

Thank you...

Thanks for taking the time to share... was it a tour package or free and easy?

Free and easy... I brought a malay fren along this year to let him experience Yunnan's beauty. Yunnan is one of the laid back states of china and still there is alot to be explored.

Grab a bag and start walking... ;) But for Tiger Leaping Gorge, make sure sufficient training is done to build up stamina as the high trail we took was really daunting...

If anyone wants contacts in Yunnan for cheap lodgings, budget and great drivers (for groups of 2 to 4), drop me a pm and i can try my best to send u contacts... Cheers guys...

Status
Not open for further replies.