YuanYang's Rice Terrace Fields - Yunnan

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, looks like u went to YuanYang, DongChuan and LuoPing in March? how is the trip? any village life shooting? i read somewhere that tourist can stay at YuanYang minority villages, and shoot the minority barter trade and their life, dunno how true is it...

hi, looks like u went to YuanYang, DongChuan and LuoPing in March? how is the trip? any village life shooting? i read somewhere that tourist can stay at YuanYang minority villages, and shoot the minority barter trade and their life, dunno how true is it...

I covered LuoPing, Jianshui, YuanYang and JinPing in Feb 2003. Went to DongChuan in Nov'04. Not sure about the barter trade, perhaps, you have to go deeper into the village. The area has Hani, Yi and Miao (Red). Most of the YuanYang tourist spots are quite commerialised as there are many kids hanging around there selling merchandises. In YuanYang, you can stay in the town (plenty of standard rooms and resturants) but it takes about 1 to 1-1/2 hour to go up the mountain and valley. Up in the mountain, it has only basic guest houses along the main road. Also, need to arrange local transport to travel around. PS: I did not see the famous long bench banquet.
#11-14

Nice Pics. Like the clothing they are wearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.