y dSLR colour is more dull then my prosumer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

compro_1975

Apr 24, 2005
i am referring to this pictures below taken wif a D70s, it is some how dull then my Fz50(prosumer)

-D70s-
Lesbian.JPG

Couple.JPG

Light.JPG

It's obvious. They are of different light conditions. :) In the D70 pictures, the sky is overcast. And it's slightly underexposed.

And I believe DSLRs are tuned not to saturate colours too much, unlike P&S and prosumers. They are meant to be enhanced on computer. But I believe you can tune the colour settings from your DSLR.

It's obvious. They are of different light conditions. :) In the D70 pictures, the sky is overcast. And it's slightly underexposed.

And I believe DSLRs are tuned not to saturate colours too much, unlike P&S and prosumers. They are meant to be enhanced on computer. But I believe you can tune the colour settings from your DSLR.
hmm, on many occasion, i was using a dSLR, same one and my fz50 under sunlight, beach shoot, in the end gave up the dSLR cos of the dulllness... other then WB wat can the the problem?

In-camera jpeg conversion. ie settings on contrast, tone, saturation and sharpness.

Headshotzx dun really get you... all pix are taken in jpeg cos of space constrain

He is talking about the settings on your DSLR that can be set for JPEG output, like what I've said. You can increase/decrease the saturation, contrast, sharpness etc. on your DSLR.

i am referring to this pictures below taken wif a D70s, it is some how dull then my Fz50(prosumer)

Cameras aimed at the consumer mass market produce comic-like, exaggerated colours because the target group likes colourful pictures and is easily awed enough by saturated colours to overlook other flaws. Cameras aimed at more serious amateurs have to cater to somewhat more refined and critical tastes.

The FZ-50 pictures you posted above are a good example. You may find them nice and colourful, but to me they look awful (in particular the skin tones look very waxy/plasticky). To each his/her own.

Edit: You also find similar patterns in the film market. Most mass-market colour films emphasize colour saturation and contrast, but there are more neutral/muted "professional" versions available e.g. for portraits.

why...why....why not olympus or panasonic dslr?
u can reuse back yr flash system...
oth maybe i can offer 300 for yr flash;p

on top of the flat lighting, it seems that you have under exposed your shots. gunning for good exposure is essential to get good colour!

why...why....why not olympus or panasonic dslr?
u can reuse back yr flash system...
oth maybe i can offer 300 for yr flash;p
D70s is not mine, it is school's one, i am aimin for D300 2mr haa

To put it simple....

For consumer/prosumer,
After the camera took the shot, it will sort of do some basic editing for you such as adjusting colour saturations and sharpening of picture... It is meant to be good to use straight after shooting with minimium post processing...

For DSLRs,
After the camera took the shot, it doesn't do everything for you. You have to do post processing such as adjusting your constrast, colour saturations etc by yourself.

Unlike pictures produced from consumer/prosumers, you get more control over the picture for your post processing... It is like comparing RAW with Jpeg (on the same camera)...

adjust the levelings and saturation for the D70 photos on PS...then compare again
wow tis chim, got tuitorial?
What prodrive is trying to say is that after post processing the pictures from the D70, you will expect the pictures to be better than your prosumer. (See my above post)

so frm all the above, mean i can change the settings of my new D300 to produce images similar to my FZ50 which to me is more real and i like it more? noob in slr, cos i kinda dun like the dullness

Status
Not open for further replies.