xxxger : what should i do? i ganna ...... ANGRY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear of your predicament. One advice for you next time: DON'T PAY IF YOU ARE NOT HAPPY. I don't agree with Funksoulava, if the lab has always been using fuji paper in the past, and you have a continuous relationship with them (ie they know you are a photographer and you use them) there is that expectation that the shop maintains a constant quality. THe shop owner was quite wrong not to inform you that he changed paper.

If I were you, I would call CASE - there is a new act that protects helpless customers from people like the ones at the lab. Take in your remainder prints to them and ask them to help you - or at least lodge a complaint.

One of the reason why I quit going to neighbourhood shops a long time ago was their service and poor printing. No doubt it is cheap & save money.

But then if the printing is no good then have to go another shop to print, in the end spend more $$$.

I have sticked to Fotohub at Bukit Timah for many moons now.

Hi, sorry to read about your predicament.

If you had been going there and developing your photos at this shop for so long, you would have known the boss for quite some time, right? sure can sit down and talk properly to reach a settlement, right? Its always important to go to your regular and reliable photo processing shop and get to know the people who do your processing. Processing is at least as important as the photo taking, cause it can ruin the image you wanted to take in the first place.

I go to my regular Kodak Express in my neighbourhood Yishun for the past 5 years, since I started with film for my travel. The owner of this shop is friendly and is willing to do post adjustment for his clients, and mind you he is very busy, and has opened up another shop in Sembawang, since I first started to go to him. He has a large client base, because he is friendly and his service is good. All my photos turned out much better than I expected.

As an example, I went to Nepal in Oct 03, and I shot a series of various exposure of the sunrise of the fishtail peak. When I send it for developing, I forgot to tell the owner not to do any post processing. In the end, all the series of the sunrise came out the same, and mind you, there were about >10shots of that sunrise, and I had more than 15 rolls of film to develop. In the end, I went back to him, apologised for not telling him not to post processed, and explained the situation. He redeveloped the series for me and did not charge me a single cent more. We have a great relationship.

As you are a professional, you need reliable photo processing labs, and a good working relationship with the regular lab you go to, so that everything can be settled in an amiable way.

A neighbourhood lab can also do wonderful job. It depends on the person developing the photos. No need for professional lab, neighbourhood labs are also professional labs too.

In this case, do what you deemed best for your customer. get a good photoprocessing lab and build your working relationship, so that your work will be more enjoyable.

catchlights said:
xxxger,
  1. name the shop here to let every know.
  2. keep the lot they printed for you, log a complaint to FUJI.
  3. go to you secondary lab, tell them you sad story, ask them for a favor, re-print the whole lot and compromise will bring your future orders to them.
  4. let your customer know that you are not happy with the print out, and rejected the whole lot, so may have a slight delay for delivery. (to tell or not to tell is up to you, but don't tell them the whole story)
I ever rejected or reprint the whole lot a few times, don't compromise the quality of you hardwork, sometime you have to make a loss, shallow your mistakes.

Talk is easy, put it into action needs courage, soon your customers will know you are a creditable person, you will not worry about will people recommend you business anymore.

Since so many people asking me, the shop is Photo Bugs, actually this is my second times print my wedding photo there. 1st time is ok, cos they use Fujicolor Crystal Archieve Paper, plus my F5 with my 28-70mm/2.8 did a good metering, therefore the photo come out dun look like a newbie's photo lor ... :kiss:

I have my regular lab to print, but is wise to try out more labs and build a better term with them lor ... just in case my favourite lab/printer go holidays or machine break down ?

I have decided not to give this set of photo to my clients ... and already printed out another new set, what i want to say is , really one sky one earth. The earlier look like injet printing too :angry: , the new one, look at the white border can already tell the different!

espn said:
I'm amazed leh.

You know those are wedding shots, and to save some cash for earnings you send to a neighbourhood shop for developing + printing?

It'd have been wiser to go for a professional or more trustworthy lab.

Quit complaining, this is your own fault.

Ya ... can say my fault too. But i also believe some neighourhood shop can do a great job too wor ... :D

xxxger said:
I have decided not to give this set of photo to my clients ... and already printed out another new set, what i want to say is , really one sky one earth. The earlier look like injet printing too :angry: , the new one, look at the white border can already tell the different!

Great job.:thumbsup: The next most important thing is to scan and post them online here.;)

funksoulava said:
First and foremost, this should be posted under 'kopitiam' and not here.

Since you did not ask for or insist on 'Fuji Crystal Archive paper Supreme' when you send in your prints, you got nobody to blame but yourself.

Since he already said he didn't need your business, bring it somewhere else and stop being angry.

I don't see any problems with reprinting. If after the negatives are cut no reprints can be made then I think everybody will be storing their negatives in tins, uncut.

Frankly speaking, I quite surprised that you actually gave the prints to your client. That's like selling defective goods to customers. I'm not sure whether will you get any referals from them.

Eh? I thought you always mentioned that you are a 'newbie' and ask people to list down their names if they wanted to see more of your 'newbie shots'?

I agree with espn. I sent my negatives to KT and asked for Fuji Crystal Archive Supreme Gloss paper. When I went to collect, they were printed on matt. I mentioned 'I thought I asked for matt paper' and they IMMEDIATELY printed another set on glossy paper. Now that's what I call service and distinguishes the pros from the wannabes.

Live and learn. And send your prints to KT or other reputable labs in the future, if you value your clients and their business.

Thank for your long post ..... hehe

But first of all, we send the negative to a Fuji Lab to print, i think is understood they use Fuji paper lor ... Like some of us dun send the photo to konica outlets to print, cos we expect they using konica chemical and konica paper lor ... :lovegrin:

ya lor .... this shall be my LAST time visit their shop!!!! :angry: Now think of it, i still ANGRY!!! How can they bully me, cos i am a newbies!!!

Hehe .... ya, i am a newbies and i always on the learning curve :D i just start a few year earlier than the rest here, so i always learning and never stop learning :lovegrin:

Poon said:
Great job.:thumbsup: The next most important thing is to scan and post them online here.;)

Ya ... as you said, the wedding couple isn't the one at fault, and they deserve good work and all the good photo :kiss:

But why must scan and post onlines huh ? :embrass:

Azure said:
:think: Why would one go print elsewhere when he is so close to ML and KT... :think:

I really do not see any purpose for this thread, nor the patronage it receives.

Yes, i always send to ML to print, cos i stay at bukit batok mah, and their printing quality, i dun need to say, everyone here know they are super .... but i personally think it is wise to try out more labs and build a better term with them right? ... just in case my favourite lab/printer go holidays or machine break down ?

KT abit far from my bukit batok house lar, ... need to take/transfer a few bus/train then can reach there. Bukit Batok MRT ---> Jurong East MRT ---> Outram MRT, sometimes my mood really spoilt by the long waiting train :angry:

Hope can join your AG outing nexttime and learn from you, you mind me joining? ;)

Grub said:
Sorry to hear of your predicament. One advice for you next time: DON'T PAY IF YOU ARE NOT HAPPY. I don't agree with Funksoulava, if the lab has always been using fuji paper in the past, and you have a continuous relationship with them (ie they know you are a photographer and you use them) there is that expectation that the shop maintains a constant quality. THe shop owner was quite wrong not to inform you that he changed paper.

If I were you, I would call CASE - there is a new act that protects helpless customers from people like the ones at the lab. Take in your remainder prints to them and ask them to help you - or at least lodge a complaint.

Ya lor ... i shouldn't pay ... i am so stupid :angry:
But i am not good in writing a complaint letter ... maybe should ask Azure help ... :kiss:

I think complaining to Fuji should work best in the long run. I don't think Fuji labs are actually allowed to use non-fuji papers since they are under fuji. Probably he was trying to save on the cost.

xxxger said:
But why must scan and post onlines huh ? :embrass:

Aiyo, you said we all here to learn wat. Post the photos here so we can learn from the "self-proclaim newbie".:angel:

Erhh, kidding aside, you should ask the couple for permission before posting hor.

I recall that channel 8 got feature a program and the lawyers mentioned that if the goods delivered is not according to the pic (eg. char kway teow does not look like wat is in the pic) u can complain.

So in your case, u can check with CASE and see if they will take up the case. ;)

it is a small deal.
just forget the lousy lab.

you should bring the negs to a Pro-lab (raffles) or fotohub, beach road, ask May to tell labtech to print out nicely for you.
at your own cost.
then give the proper set to the wedding couple.
mind you this is their wedding day.
they will be showing their children many years from now, your photos.

and do not ask or accept a single cent extra in return.

this is what a professional would do.

The act is called the Fair Trading Act. It states that if a consumer bought something where there is a misrepresentation by the shop, he has a 12 months period in which to make a claim. You can get refund and even claim costs in certain cases.

Do an online search and you should be able to find info on the procedures.

Actually I have no patience writing as well. You can just call them on a hotline. Sorry I don't know what it is but if you look under yellowpages.com.sg you can find it.

And...Fotohub (previously RGB) stuffed up an order of mine so not every company is perfect. I went on a trip to Penang and took everything on slides (it was a group of white water rafters) and when I left the rolls at Fotohub, and when I got them back.....It was completely different set - a set of potrait ones!!! I was really pissed off and they said they would look into it and till today, not even a call. Nothing! So my trip to Penang was for nothing. If I really did push it, all they would do is replace my film.

xxxger said:
...plus my F5 with my 28-70mm/2.8 did a good metering, therefore the photo come out dun look like a newbie's photo lor ... :kiss: ...

Like that I should go get a F5 and 28-70 f/2.8 so that no matter how I take my shots, it won't be newbie shot!! :thumbsup:

xxxger said:
Ya ... can say my fault too. But i also believe some neighourhood shop can do a great job too wor ... :D
AFAIK, KT, BM gives me everything I want.

I tried to make a change at a certain lab down at Tai Thong Cres and I regret it terribly. I now rather take the extra time needed to travel further to get my prints done. At least I know what I'm getting. Saves me the headache.

And neighbourhood shops are a seriously :nono: for important images. Even if you want to test prints, you shouldn't have taken your wedding images to test.

it all a learning process,i think most people in their life will order something but comeout not what they wanted,so just learn from mistake lor.:bheart: :bheart:

Status
Not open for further replies.