Xingjiang, China

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tachyon

Apr 6, 2007
Went to Xinjiang last year in August and only managed to look through them this week!

Hope you all like it (if not, please tell me how I can improve)!

Thank you for viewing...

#1:
Xingjiang-100.jpg

#2: Horizon adjusted.
Xingjiang-100-1.jpg

#3:
Xingjiang-102.jpg

Last edited:
#4:
Xingjiang-103.jpg

#5:
Xingjiang-104.jpg

#6:
Xingjiang-105.jpg

#7:
Xingjiang-106.jpg

#8:
Xingjiang-108.jpg

#9:
Xingjiang-109.jpg

#10:
Xingjiang-110.jpg

#11:
Xingjiang-111.jpg

Thank you for your kind words, sheridans and Alm1ghty!

Excellent! Always loved China. Best sceneries in the world. Many parts look like Canadian Rockies and Europe. Many people "don't know" China the way it is

Yes, you can experience most of the world's wonders just within China... however, life is too short to explore all of them!

Dear Tachyon

How many days were you in Xinjiang?
Did you join an organised tour, or was it self planned holiday?

Good capture:thumbsup: The beautiful colours of the mountain ranges leadaing to the clay(?) building, in the heart of the photo.
I think it may be even more stunning if the sky was complete clear and blue...finding the clouds distracting.

The pattern of the desert at the far end is so unusual. It's like being carved out by craftsmen.

Thanks for sharing.

esther

This one is really stunning! Classic...:thumbsup: rich colour and good lighting.

#9 is one of a kind. Never before seen this composition before. A bit more contrast would be better IMHO. Overall very unique:thumbsup::thumbsup:

i think you have mis-spelt the chinese name of this place - should be xinjiang, a chinese name given to the place after the manchu invasion.

anyway, got any portraits there?

i think you have mis-spelt the chinese name of this place - should be xinjiang, a chinese name given to the place after the manchu invasion.

anyway, got any portraits there?

Thanks! I have changed it already!

Thanks for all your comments!

Ester - I was there for a week. The main objective was to capture the solar eclipse but we did a side tour. We hired a van and the team leader planned the 'tour'. We prefer it that way so that we can stay as long as we want and stop where the scenery is nice. :)

#7: Thanks! Unfortunately, it was quite cloudy and this was one of the better shots when the clouds parted for a moment.

#9: This is part of the mountain range known as 'flaming mountains' mentioned in the 'Journey to the west' novel.

Cheers!

#10 is like those classic desert postcards

love 9 and 10!

Status
Not open for further replies.