X20 thread

I"m seriously considering this, tried touch felt it.

Called TK - 775 if i'm not wrong
MS Color - 785 around there..i think.

How much does the leather case cost?

Anyone can recommend a good shop to get..? Including the leather case..

Thanks
The leather case is free with the camera. ;)

Is Fujifilm x20 worth buying?

I like shooting with a DSLR and have a canon 60d with 18-135mm and canon 650d for which i am planning to buy a wide angle lens like canon efs 10mm-22mm.

for me pocketable size is not very important, for that I have nikon point and shoot.

I would like to know some compelling reasons.

I like shooting with a DSLR and have a canon 60d with 18-135mm and canon 650d for which i am planning to buy a wide angle lens like canon efs 10mm-22mm.

for me pocketable size is not very important, for that I have nikon point and shoot.

Reason to buy x20
1) You cannot walk around with 60D+18-135mm for long without feeling the ache on your neck and shoulders
2) You nikon point and shoot do not have a F2.0 to F2.8 aperture throughout about a 5x zoom. And it most likely does not support a flash?
3) Lastly which i feel is the most compelling. Even if your PNS can do all that, it will look nothing like the X20. Its a winner aesthetically.

For every person who complains that X20 is neither pocketable nor able to produce DSLR quality, there is another person who defends that X20 offers some versatility of a DSLR and beats the quality of tiny pocketable PNS. And there's that guy who knows nuts about cameras, but is happily slinging the X20 around his neck as a fashion statement. Nothing wrong with that too.

#1 - it looks cool, gotta admit it
#2 - it produce decent quality comparable to FF up to ISO800 and quality comparable to a APS-C from ISO800-1600
#3 - f/2 to f/2.8 bright lens with useful effective 35mm zoom range of 28mm-112mm
#4 - it is light and easy to use
#5 - when you are in low light situation and you need to shoot low ISO, you usually need to slow your shutter speed and open up aperture. What if you need deep DOF, like group photos etc? Small sensor size with a bright lens saves your life. You can't do it with any APS-C/FF DSLR without tripod or flash.
#6 - Speaking of flash, Fuji's in-built flash produces more natural looking light that balances with ambient light compared to some other PnS.

That's my reasons.

In actual fact, a smaller sensor size packing a bright lens throughout it's zoom range offers one thing your larger sensor DSLR can't - which is deep DOF when you need it under low light conditions. With a X20 I could happily shoot with shutter priority at it's widest aperture and lowest possible ISO (with 1/30 to 1/50s with auto ISO) discreetly in shopping malls etc during my travel.

Of course there are other models such as Samsung's EX2F offering a shorter effective 24-80mm zoom range but brighter aperture rage of f/1.4 to f/2.8 with full manual control for an attractive pricing (with swivel screen too).

Ultimately, everyone has their reasons in buying something. If you don't find X20 worthwhile, you probably already have something in mind with your own reasons and just go for it.

Anyone tried the Eye-Fi Transfer function yet? Can share which brand/model of SD Wi-Fi Card you use?

Friends, anyone know what are the options if I wanted to mount a wide angle converter to the X20? Anyone has any experience to share? I reckon a typical x0.42 converter will get me to about 12 mm, that is plenty wide for more creative explorations.

How is the X20 noise level at ISO1600 compared to Sony RX100?

I found this comparison over the net

rx100_x20_xf1_dlux6.jpg

Asia Cnet review of X20
Review: Fujifilm X20 - Cameras - CNET Asia

Asia Cnet review of X-E1 (which should be close to X100s)
Review: Fujifilm X-E1 - Cameras - CNET Asia

If you look at the ISO test, I think the X-E1 is three stops better than X20. I was hoping the X20 would be good till ISO1600. The X-E1 is good till 6400.

At first I wanted to get the X20, now I think I'll just keep my X10. And get a X100s.

Just got mine during lunch from TK.

the free case out of stock, so they got me to put my name down for waiting list.

Just got mine during lunch from TK.

the free case out of stock, so they got me to put my name down for waiting list.

What time? I was there to buy a Gariz for my X20 too, but I don't think I saw you ;p

around 1.15 - 2

Anyone know if chiif has the Thumbs Up EP-6S ?

around 1.15 - 2

Ah, I left around 1pm. Bought a Gariz leather half-case for my X20 :D

Love the half case, it made the cam longer and provide a much better grip for my bigger hands.

Hi everyone, just wondering if i am the only person experiencing this but my video recording always stops at 15seconds when there is still sufficient memory space available?
Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone, just wondering if i am the only person experiencing this but my video recording always stops at 15seconds when there is still sufficient memory space available?
Thanks in advance!

what card are u using.

if it's the free one then u have to get a class 10 sd card

Last edited:
Just tested the x20 with canon speedlites.

For those into strobing I can sync up to 1/4000 ( max ) with the PW+2s

Also to note the onboard flash function is disabled in super macro mode. Another thing to watch out is the hot shoe is damn tight, mine got scratched already :(

This is my shy dog, she doesn't like to take photos so all the pics she is looking away from the photo lol.

PS. sorry that one is not sensor dust. My wall is dirty lol.

Camera Fujifilm X20
Exposure 0.008 sec (1/125)
Aperture f/2.2
Focal Length 8.9 mm
ISO Speed 100

8585016137_2e578c1b22_c.jpg

Last edited:
what card are u using.

if it's the free one then u have to get a class 10 sd card

Ya, i'm still using the free card that was bundled.
Thanks!! Will go get a class 10 card tmr :)

Just tested the x20 with canon speedlites.

For those into strobing I can sync up to 1/4000 ( max ) with the PW+2s

Also to note the onboard flash function is disabled in super macro mode. Another thing to watch out is the hot shoe is damn tight, mine got scratched already :(

This is my shy dog, she doesn't like to take photos so all the pics she is looking away from the photo lol.

PS. sorry that one is not sensor dust. My wall is dirty lol.

Camera Fujifilm X20
Exposure 0.008 sec (1/125)
Aperture f/2.2
Focal Length 8.9 mm
ISO Speed 100

8585016137_2e578c1b22_c.jpg

bro, did you happen to have tested it with any other triggers (that you possibly own)?

Initially I tested it with Phottix Stratos II, it doesn't trigger it off.