X-T1

Mm.. Let me try to answer the questions but I'm really still relatively new to fuji.

X-E2 body: magnesium alloy for top and front plates, metal dials, plastics for body and dials.

EVF: X-T1 has 2.36m dots, 0.77x magnification. X-E2 had 2.36m dots , 0.64x magnification with the T1 boasting higher refresh rates of 54 frames/s vs X-E2's 50 frames/s.

LCD: same specs, size, T1 has a articulating one.

Ok, those are specs which u can google to verify too.

I chose the X-E2 because I preferred the rangefinder handling it gives. I use primarily primes & will much prefer a smaller package. I'm spoiled by Olympus's AF speed & accuracy and as such I end up doing most of my shots in MF on the Fuji too, finding the VF more than enough for me doing MF.

I also use the digital split focusing tool on the X100s too for MF & it's great once u get used to it. My feel is u won't go wrong with either one once u know what r your needs. ( I've friends who chose the T1 solely based on it has more fn buttons and friend who skipped the T1 solely based on D pad button feel so it's really personal)

Thanks for your insights. I tried the X-T1 at the showroom also notice the D pad was not really to my taste too.

Yes sometimes a non-ILC will "help" you not to buy lens but put it another way, you may feel dissatisfied with the limitations that you can't change lens. So if really want to buy a non-ILC that doesn't restrict you so much, Sony RX10 might be the only choice (but cost a bomb). I bought the Sony RX100 (original one) thinking like you (just have a high quality PNS) but in the end I was not happy to be restricted by the camera.

Thanks for the tip. I actually was tempted to wait for the new RX100 before I got the X100S. But the fact that I am more of a shallow depth of field guy, the 1" sensor kind of puts me off.

I still own a few Nikon bodies and lens though, for other kind of serious work. Bought this X100S primarily for the ILC (In Lens Camera?), other main reason is due to the fact that it's small enough to be considered compact camera (compared to DSLR at least). I can stuff this camera into almost any bag and not worrying about the weight and the bulge on my bag.

Think I am going too much off topic though.. Haha.

I still own a few Nikon bodies and lens though, for other kind of serious work. Bought this X100S primarily for the ILC (In Lens Camera?), other main reason is due to the fact that it's small enough to be considered compact camera (compared to DSLR at least). I can stuff this camera into almost any bag and not worrying about the weight and the bulge on my bag.

ILC = interchangeable lens camera :)

yeah... i confess, i failed miserably to buy a X-E2 body off BnS (zero offers to sell to me and if u know me, i don't ever lowball) , now i started a new trend. co-buy X-E2 kit and person takes both lenses at $600 ^___^ , body + batt + half case will go for $1069 which is a damn good price considering used ones go for $850-$900.

Yes it's a good idea. For $169 price difference (for second hand $900) I would rather buy new.

Agree :) too high.

Ya I kinda thought so too. SLR quoted me a new set at below $1.7k but that's with the extra 50-230 lens and battery and whatnot. So if I sell off the lens at around $200+, I am looking at real price of around $1450 (but with the added trouble of having to find buyer for the extra lens). So what should the asking price be? Not sure wat Fuji's "depreciation" is like?

Last edited:
Hello everyone. first of all, i'd just like to thank all of you who have contributed to this thread. Definitely helped me learn more about the cameras through your experiences. I've very recently made the decision to sell my DSLR to switch to a compact system camera. Did quite intensive research on CSCs and in particular, Fuji's range of CSC because I never had any knowledge of such cameras, so I'm still a noob ;p

In the last week, I've been having "schizo" moments reading up on the range of cameras Fuji offers. First, i had my eyes set on the X-Pro because of the hybrid viewfinder but i almost fell off my chair when i saw the price. And then i set my heart on the X-T1 cos i was quite impressed with the dials. Then again, they are not necessary for me because I'm just a hobbyist. Plus, it is rather pricey too. So i've finally decided on the XE (still deciding between 1 or 2, but most likely 1).

I found out yesterday that Fuji is having a GSS promo (for me, the draw is the free XC50-230mm lens). I'm someone who has always bought second hand items. Would like to hear anyone's advise on whether it is worth going for the GSS promo. Also wondering whether the price and bundle has always been as such?

Hello everyone. first of all, i'd just like to thank all of you who have contributed to this thread. Definitely helped me learn more about the cameras through your experiences. I've very recently made the decision to sell my DSLR to switch to a compact system camera. Did quite intensive research on CSCs and in particular, Fuji's range of CSC because I never had any knowledge of such cameras, so I'm still a noob ;p

In the last week, I've been having "schizo" moments reading up on the range of cameras Fuji offers. First, i had my eyes set on the X-Pro because of the hybrid viewfinder but i almost fell off my chair when i saw the price. And then i set my heart on the X-T1 cos i was quite impressed with the dials. Then again, they are not necessary for me because I'm just a hobbyist. Plus, it is rather pricey too. So i've finally decided on the XE (still deciding between 1 or 2, but most likely 1).

I found out yesterday that Fuji is having a GSS promo (for me, the draw is the free XC50-230mm lens). I'm someone who has always bought second hand items. Would like to hear anyone's advise on whether it is worth going for the GSS promo. Also wondering whether the price and bundle has always been as such?

I just bought a brand new x-e1 kit. Current pricing is better than BNS offers considering the bundled zoom lens and also malls having GSS promotions where you can redeem vouchers etc. BNS prices normally take some time to settle down to more realistic prices especially since some sellers may choose to wait and hold out for better offers. But x-e1 stocks running low so if u want better be fast.

thanks Berkins! I've reserved a set:)

do y'all use filters for your fuji lens?

Hi guys, does anyone know if there's any retail shop in SG that sells an LCD protector for the X-T1 and is able to help to put it on? I'm really bad with screen protectors and would rather a professional do it.

Hi guys, does anyone know if there's any retail shop in SG that sells an LCD protector for the X-T1 and is able to help to put it on? I'm really bad with screen protectors and would rather a professional do it.

Most of the camera shops in Funan can do it. It shouldn't cost u more than $10 for a typical one including installation.

I looked recently at Funan and most of them don't have it as the X-T1 is quite new. But you can customise at one of the shops.

Alternatively, I ordered the ACMAXX from eBay but it costs quite abit.

I looked recently at Funan and most of them don't have it as the X-T1 is quite new. But you can customise at one of the shops. Alternatively, I ordered the ACMAXX from eBay but it costs quite abit.

Eh .. Just look for the handphone screen protector shops that do customization. I had mine done for $8 in one such shop in Funan and it's a perfect fit.

Eh .. Just look for the handphone screen protector shops that do customization. I had mine done for $8 in one such shop in Funan and it's a perfect fit.

Handphone screen protector won't work for me. Bubble form after a while. Maybe I am not a gentle user.

Handphone screen protector won't work for me. Bubble form after a while. Maybe I am not a gentle user.

Sometimes bubbles form due to a tear also, think u should go for glass protectors.