X-pro1 v X-T1

I personally suspect there may never ever be an X Pro-2.

X Pro-1 vs XE series
The only things that an X Pro-1 has over an XE-1 and XE-2 is the hybrid view finder and extra weight (some people may like the grip better bla bla) The hybrid is useless for shooters who used to use M-mount lenses. There is also nothing one cannot do with the EVF over an OVF. The focusing is not like an RF, period. So, personally, just personally as i don't want to get flamed, I don't find the OVF useful. I used the EVF 98% of the time when I used the X Pro-1 over 1.5 years.

Both XE and X Pro-1 do not AF as fast as DSLR's.

To me, XE more than covers and justifies the costs.

XT-1 vs X Pro-1 vs XE-1 or 2
The XT-1 is weather-sealed and the claim is AF that matches the speed of consumer DSLR's (I do not use the Canon 1 series or Nikon flagships as they are way too much over what what I need). I would expect the XT-1 to be the AF winner but it is also larger than the XE.

XT-1 is pure EVF. If I am working with the camera, I would use the XT-1 that feels closer to a DSLR.

With the XT-1 covering pros and XE's covering both pros and hobbyists like me, there is no room for an X Pro-1. I think looking back, Fuji may have well said to themselves: " We should have just forget about the OVF if we knew the EVF would be so successful. What do we do with this nowhere here nor there hybrid?".

Just my view.

Last edited:
I personally suspect there may never ever be an X Pro-2. X Pro-1 vs XE series The only things that an X Pro-1 has over an XE-1 and XE-2 is the hybrid view finder and extra weight (some people may like the grip better bla bla) The hybrid is useless for shooters who used to use M-mount lenses. There is also nothing one cannot do with the EVF over an OVF. The focusing is not like an RF, period. So, personally, just personally as i don't want to get flamed, I don't find the OVF useful. I used the EVF 98% of the time when I used the X Pro-1 over 1.5 years. Both XE and X Pro-1 do not AF as fast as DSLR's. To me, XE more than covers and justifies the costs. XT-1 vs X Pro-1 vs XE-1 or 2 The XT-1 is weather-sealed and the claim is AF that matches the speed of consumer DSLR's (I do not use the Canon 1 series or Nikon flagships as they are way too much over what what I need). I would expect the XT-1 to be the AF winner but it is also larger than the XE. XT-1 is pure EVF. If I am working with the camera, I would use the XT-1 that feels closer to a DSLR. With the XT-1 covering pros and XE's covering both pros and hobbyists like me, there is no room for an X Pro-1. I think looking back, Fuji may have well said to themselves: " We should have just forget about the OVF if we knew the EVF would be so successful. What do we do with this nowhere here nor there hybrid?". Just my view.
IMO they will not discontinue the x-pro flagship, but they will likely to have drop ovf. It will maintain its rangefinder style but probably weather shield and most features in x-t1. The main different will be improvement in sensor, probably higher resolution and perhaps x-trans III sensor. Hopefully improvement in focusing technology as well. That's what I though and hope for.

Last edited:
Tested out xt1 at fujifilm centre @ roppongi..it was ok.. Burst mode sounded good and so is the tiny flash looks nice and compact. Xe2 or xpro1 owners should test it out first before ditching their equipment in the marketplace to get xt1

Tested out xt1 at fujifilm centre @ roppongi..it was ok.. Burst mode sounded good and so is the tiny flash looks nice and compact. Xe2 or xpro1 owners should test it out first before ditching their equipment in the marketplace to get xt1

hows the AF.

No chance to test in low light cos that place was relatively well lit.

In goodlight sure no problem.. Even xp1 no problem in goodlight.

Since I've started this disscusioon I've been reading reviews, going to camera shops and having bad dreams. Finally I went back year or so and read reviews from Ken Rockwell and few others. Year or so X-Pro1 was imazing camera and I've decided that it couldn't go worse. If anything it would be improved with all of the firmware updates. So I purchased second hand (as new condition) body with additional fuji grip for $650, brand new 18-55 xf lens for $380, couple additional genuine batteries ($100) and leather half case..($80) all this cost me A$1,210 -Ausie dollars or around $ 1,100 US. Just couldn't resist. It all should arrive in next day or two. Can't wait.
After a week or so, I'll come back with the conclusion if I have made the right decision.

Last edited:
You will not regret with X-Pro1.
Altho XT1 come with better specs I still love the X-Pro1 because of the
retro look.
One month ago when I was at Pasir Ris Holiday camp with the X-Pro1
hanging from my neck,a group of tourists stared at me til one of them
came to me with a smile..."LEICA?"...hehehe.

I dun mind the slow shutter but gets better after few firmware update.
Besides that,the color won me over...:)

I was at yodobashi playing with both the xt1 and xpro1 and initial impression is that the xpro1 seems to snap to focus faster.

I personally suspect there may never ever be an X Pro-2.

X Pro-1 vs XE series
The only things that an X Pro-1 has over an XE-1 and XE-2 is the hybrid view finder and extra weight (some people may like the grip better bla bla) The hybrid is useless for shooters who used to use M-mount lenses. There is also nothing one cannot do with the EVF over an OVF. The focusing is not like an RF, period. So, personally, just personally as i don't want to get flamed, I don't find the OVF useful. I used the EVF 98% of the time when I used the X Pro-1 over 1.5 years.

Both XE and X Pro-1 do not AF as fast as DSLR's.

To me, XE more than covers and justifies the costs.

XT-1 vs X Pro-1 vs XE-1 or 2
The XT-1 is weather-sealed and the claim is AF that matches the speed of consumer DSLR's (I do not use the Canon 1 series or Nikon flagships as they are way too much over what what I need). I would expect the XT-1 to be the AF winner but it is also larger than the XE.

XT-1 is pure EVF. If I am working with the camera, I would use the XT-1 that feels closer to a DSLR.

With the XT-1 covering pros and XE's covering both pros and hobbyists like me, there is no room for an X Pro-1. I think looking back, Fuji may have well said to themselves: " We should have just forget about the OVF if we knew the EVF would be so successful. What do we do with this nowhere here nor there hybrid?".

Just my view.

Don't quite agreed on your views on OVF is useless and there will be no X-Pro2.
If optical viewfinder is useless then why Fuji don't omitted it on their X100s and still maintain the OVF?
I find OVF is useful for using wide angle lens like the Fujinon XF18mm f2, u don't even need to focus just use manual focus to set to 2m use f5.6 or smaller aperture to just snap away.
It works the same way like a Ricoh GR using a external optical viewfinder.

I've the X-Pro1 and I also find myself using the EVF mode more.

One reason: Accuracy. What you see is what you get.

2nd less important reason, EVF focusing is faster than OVF.

However, on the X100, I use the OVF slightly more.
I feel that the frame lines there are more accurate.
Strange.

There's one comment mentioning the obsolete sensor... The X-Pro1 sensor is quite legendary back then and even now. So much so that the I haven't seen any photos that the XT1 can shoot that the X-Pro1 can't WITH THE EXCEPTION of those fast moving objects. Most of the other X series cameras that came after X-Pro1 improve on the features and not significantly on the image quality.

If there is no X-Pro 2, then my Fujifilm journey ends with X-Pro 1. With so many LV or EVF type cameras available on the market, the hybrid viewfinder is a significant advantage for Fuji. The X-Pro 1 hybrid viewfinder is meant for street photography, not for perv shooting from afar, so for those who said the viewfinder is restrictive clearly shouldn't be considering this camera, or going into street photography for that matter.

If there is no X-Pro 2, then my Fujifilm journey ends with X-Pro 1. With so many LV or EVF type cameras available on the market, the hybrid viewfinder is a significant advantage for Fuji. The X-Pro 1 hybrid viewfinder is meant for street photography, not for perv shooting from afar, so for those who said the viewfinder is restrictive clearly shouldn't be considering this camera, or going into street photography for that matter.

X-Pro1 OVF with a Fujinon XF18mm f2 is a street king! :D