X-100 Adapter Ring and Hood

No stock at all shops I tried at Sim Lim.

AP has a compatible ring and hood asking for $80...

I just bought mine at Parisilk in Holland Village... they may have more. They also have two X100 on the shelf.

I bought the last of 3 pieces of original lens hood from Alan Photo (Sim Lim) yesterday afternoon.

Stocks are really scarce.

so you bought 3 piece to re-sell in clubsnap again ?

I just bought mine at Parisilk in Holland Village... they may have more. They also have two X100 on the shelf.

ok will call them - tried Harvey Norman today no luck either...

anyone who already got the adaptor ring but intrested in other cheaper hood, can check out the 49mm pentax hood.
but not sure can fit or not? here this guy selling at $15, still few pc available http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/thre...ont-Cap-for-DA35-FA50-and-Etc.?highlight=49mm

it will look like this? (other source)

1.jpg

2.jpg

Last edited:
Just went to Parisilk in Holland Village, bought the adapter ring & hood, it was the last set.

Just went to Parisilk in Holland Village, bought the adapter ring & hood, it was the last set.

thanks, the shop selling the one they reserved for me to you. either accidental or not

thanks, the shop selling the one they reserved for me to you. either accidental or not

I'm sorry to hear that. I did not reserved, try calling them at 10.30am, no one pick up, so drove down to check, a indian saleman just pass it to me and said it is the last set.

I'm sorry to hear that. I did not reserved, try calling them at 10.30am, no one pick up, so drove down to check, a indian saleman just pass it to me and said it is the last set.

it's your luck bro, but i'm just disappointed how come they say they will reserved it for me at friday night, i came earlier at lunchtime spend taxi cost in a very hot daylight just to be disappointed. they just say sorry but nothing else :(

Is the original standalone adaptor ring exactly the same as the adaptor ring that comes with the hood?

Is the original standalone adaptor ring exactly the same as the adaptor ring that comes with the hood?

Yes, it is the same.

I would suggest that you guys get the original or the copy for a simple reason: the height and hood is designed as to block flare but still allow maximum transmission of light to the sensor.

So any other brands like pentax may hinder rather than help your photography.

And no...i am not selling LH-x100. You guys can check 3rd party copies in eBay. Got mine at 30% of the originial price and is made of the same material.

wilswong said:
I would suggest that you guys get the original or the copy for a simple reason: the height and hood is designed as to block flare but still allow maximum transmission of light to the sensor.

So any other brands like pentax may hinder rather than help your photography.

And no...i am not selling LH-x100. You guys can check 3rd party copies in eBay. Got mine at 30% of the originial price and is made of the same material.

Are u referring to the one manufactured by JJC?

Are u referring to the one manufactured by JJC?

So long it follows the height and size of the hood/adaptor it should be fine. The only 3rd party is by JJC. I would guess Japan's UN would do something similar too.

wilswong said:
So long it follows the height and size of the hood/adaptor it should be fine. The only 3rd party is by JJC. I would guess Japan's UN would do something similar too.

Ordered a 3rd party one from eBay. Give up on the original one, no stocks everywhere. Thanks!

just ordered 3rd party adapter and hood on ebay Aussie $45 including delivery

As a tip, get the version that is quoted in US dollars as the AUD is much stronger (1.25 versus 1.30). The seller i have business with have both USD and AUD quoted price.

Did you try MSColor at AMK? Downtown shops usually are the first ones to clear stocks.