X-100 Adapter Ring and Hood

biskandar

May 11, 2010
Singapore
www.about.me
Guys,

Any one know the shop that provide to sell those items ?

I prefer the original one .

pic_04.jpg

Last edited:
i am keen to know too.
:)

I am also waiting for the accessories. I think they are also delayed due to the quake.:(

Can a filter and hood be mounted at the same time? Also, will the friction lens cap fit the hood? If not, is there one that can?

Not sure pajamas, but from my view , Fujifilm doesn't provide ring adapter for filter so far and there is no screw on the top of the hood .

Can a filter and hood be mounted at the same time? Also, will the friction lens cap fit the hood? If not, is there one that can?

They should have make a bigger friction mounted lens cap for the hood
you think with the filter in, will the cap fits?

Last edited:
I am also waiting for the accessories. I think they are also delayed due to the quake.:(

So you are :( due to the earthquake causing deaths and damages, or due to the accessories not coming?

Guys ,

Just found that a friend of mine , named S.K Tan ( http://www.flickr.com/photos/dirtytricks/ ) sell the items with total damage SGD$119.00 .

Please pm him if you're interested in the lens hood and adapter ring ;-) .

I am interested, his nick on CS is? Cant seem to find "S.K Tan"

anyone knows where else can i get the Adapter Ring and Hood now?

I got mine together with casing at Alan photo sim Li
3 weeks maybe u call them tomorrow ...

For your info

With ring adapter on, you can
- install a 49mm filter (Hoya, B+W, etc)
- install filter AND hood at the same time (filter uses the adapter's internal rings, hood uses the adapter's external rings)
- Lens cap will still sort of fit with the filter on, but not as well as it did before u put the filter/adapter
- Lens cap will NOT fit with the filter and hood on
- Original case will NOT close properly with filter and lens cap on
- Original case will sort of work with filter on without the lens cap
- Original case will NOT close properly with filter, lens cap and hood
- Other brand lens cap that clips within the filter rings will work with the filter and lens hood on the adapter as long as it works with a 49mm filter

Last edited:
thanks alanyeo and tomcat for your suggestion. Called a few places, all no stocks... sigh..

thanks alanyeo and tomcat for your suggestion. Called a few places, all no stocks... sigh..
Did you call Harvey Norman too ? Alternatively, you can go to the camera section of any Harvey Norman store and ask them to check on their common inventory database which of the branches still have stock of the adapter and hood if they don't have any at theirs. That's what I did at the Funan branch before heading down to the Jurong Point branch.

Even at the branches that have stock, it is important to ask a rep who knows as others could tell you they have no stock as they don't even know what you are looking for. That's what happened at the Jurong Point branch for me. The first person I ask just say they have no stock. Another sales rep who is more familar with the X100 immediately came over to tell me otherwise.

Did you call Harvey Norman too ? Alternatively, you can go to the camera section of any Harvey Norman store and ask them to check on their common inventory database which of the branches still have stock of the adapter and hood if they don't have any at theirs. That's what I did at the Funan branch before heading down to the Jurong Point branch.

Even at the branches that have stock, it is important to ask a rep who knows as others could tell you they have no stock as they don't even know what you are looking for. That's what happened at the Jurong Point branch for me. The first person I ask just say they have no stock. Another sales rep who is more familar with the X100 immediately came over to tell me otherwise.

Yup i called Funan and raffles city Harvey norman.. No stock or they just say Don't have out of convenience. Not too sure..

So what is the actual RRP for the adapter ring+ hood set? $119?

I have dealt with Snooze ( CS Member ) , for the hood plus the adapter ring have total damage $110 , and for the collection will held on this Wednesday or Thursday , cool !

Last edited: