Wts k20d?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pardon the cliche, but do you think getting the k-7 would make you a better photographer?

Pardon the cliche, but do you think getting the k-7 would make you a better photographer?

Of course, 100% viewfinder plus auto level got no more reason for composition errors like tilted horizons or flagpoles sticking out of people's heads. :bigeyes:
Got more features so photographer got fewer excuses for not taking good pictures...
I know with the K-7 I'll be able take better video compared to my K20D. :bsmilie:

Of course, 100% viewfinder plus auto level got no more reason for composition errors like tilted horizons or flagpoles sticking out of people's heads. :bigeyes:
Got more features so photographer got fewer excuses for not taking good pictures...
I know with the K-7 I'll be able take better video compared to my K20D. :bsmilie:

Wah! you add poison arrgh...:sweat:

Aiya, bro, if one chooses not to buy, one will find all sorts of reasons to justify their reason. Just like one who chooses to buy. ;)

I WANT the K-7, and better metering/exposure/DR etc, the shutter's so quiet that the cats won't even know that you've already pressed the shutter ... all those candid moments! And a lovely 100% viewfinder to top it off ... but I have so many things I want ... just need to prioritize.

OK, who wants my K20D or KM? :devil:

Last edited:

my contribution to the resistance effort: to me those are among the least important features introduced in the K-7..

100% viewfinder, you can always crop out the extra 5% border on the computer if there are any unwanted objects there. 14.6MP gives more than enough resolution for that. if you accidentally have flagpoles/trees/signs sticking out of ppl's heads the 5% more view won't really help.

2 degrees of rotational correction sounds a bit insignificant and gimmicky to me. i don't shoot much of landscapes so i won't benefit from it much either.

but these 2 will definitely save time by fixing it in-cam rather than on-com

i have the agree that the 21fps burst mode on the k20d stinks and the video on the k-7 will definitely blow it away. i'm not too interested in it, but it's a good-to-have feature, especially with friends and family.

nonetheless the k-7 seems to be a nice big boy's toy, especially paired up with the limited lenses. maybe when i lay my hands on it this weekend my opinion will change.. but the k20d is still much more camera than i (will ever) need. :sweat:

Last edited:

Do you think all the limited lenses will make us a better photographer? :sticktong

Ok, just tongue in cheek hor.. don't blast me. :embrass: (I also have limited lenses)

Last edited:

Then better just get or stick to an early D, Ds or even DL. I don't think I'm taking any better photos now than I did w/ the Ds three years back. But just like Alex said, we love new toys :bsmilie:

In you case, do you think those DA and FA limited lenses made you a better photographer? ;)

Hey Bernard, you are just seconds ahead of me :D

my info not correct, super-telephoto DA* 1200mm F/8 ED [IF]? :think::bsmilie:

fwah ... i think i need to do 12 pull ups everyday, before breakfast, lunch, dinner to tone up so that I can carry this 1. :sticktong

Then better just get or stick to an early D, Ds or even DL. I don't think I'm taking any better photos now than I did w/ the Ds three years back. But just like Alex said, we love new toys :bsmilie:

In you case, do you think those DA and FA limited lenses made you a better photographer? ;)

Hey Bernard, you are just seconds ahead of me :D
No, they don't make me a better phtographer. They made me a richer photographer but a poorer person.

Equipment helps in taking technically better pics and open up new possibilities. I want a k-7 too... But its really too sinful for me to own one. I'll give it a miss for a year or so before reconsidering.

Nope, for me, no way. That comes with effort/practice, talent (in-born or learnt) and more practice.

I'm getting the K-7 for other reasons.

when i was in taiwan in this april, i saw k20d kit is just about S$1150, but did not manage to get one because i know something new is coming, which is k-7.

but now feel a bit regret, k-7 is simply out of my budget. no money.

wondering what is the k20d price in singapore:think:

hkway - want mine? body only 900. :D (can deal next week)

haha.

No, they don't make me a better phtographer. They made me a richer photographer but a poorer person.

Equipment helps in taking technically better pics and open up new possibilities..

actually, i think there is something meaningful here ... without good lenses, how to take good pics!? with a caveat of course ... unless the photographer knows the characteristics of his lenses so well that he can circumvent their weaknesses (chim? :bsmilie:).

Status
Not open for further replies.