WTF Total Defense Marketing Campaign

319047856_dbf1ef3e92.jpg

redstone said:
Hey the ads achieved their aim of getting people noticing and discussing about it.

But the things that people discussed about are how *facepalm* the videos are, not about total defence.. Lol

I am both crying and laughing at the same time... sibei sad leh....

What kind of jokers have hijack the organisations now?? Wonder where their brains went to??

But the things that people discussed about are how *facepalm* the videos are, not about total defence.. Lol
Attempting to be extremely cheesy or corny aside, how does the videos relate to the theme of Total Defence and "It's My Turn"? Some of them simply have no connection or does not make any sense at all.

This was one of the commercials for the Republic of Singapore Navy (RSN) that I think is rather well produced IMHO.

[vid]N8rrxjIjHlQ[/vid]
YouTube Video ID No. N8RRXJIJHLQ

Last edited:
Attempting to be extremely cheesy or corny aside, how does the videos relate to the theme of Total Defence and "It's My Turn"? Some of them simply have no connection or does not make any sense at all.

This was one of the commercials for the Republic of Singapore Navy (RSN) that I think is rather well produced IMHO.

[vid]N8rrxjIjHlQ[/vid]
Yes I've seen this one before while browsing through cyberpioneer's Youtube channel, in fact I think it's much more well made than any of the cheesy Total Defence videos. And yes, as you said, some of the videos had no connection whatsoever to the theme (the strange boyfriend one, what is that about? Is it about weirdos taking their turn to take over the country?)

[vid]N8rrxjIjHlQ[/vid]

Yes, this & the Air Force ads, they are so professional, classy & inspiring. Makes me feel proud of them & want to be a part of them. Unlike the total defense which makes me so ashamed I dont know where to hide my face. Surely our neighbours & even enemies will die laughing just looking at them. Mabye this is the new defense "technique" some dumb ass invented :bsmilie: :bsmilie: Oh, the latter also remind me of the idiotic dimsum dollies ads previously in our mrt or one of Jack Neo's productions, crude & cartoonish, seem to be from the same source.

Last edited:
advertisements that make people go "WTFish is this S**t" and call it retarded actually stay in the memory of people longer... and creates more awareness by controversy.

bold move... but i think they hit the spot

advertisements that make people go "WTFish is this S**t" and call it retarded actually stay in the memory of people longer... and creates more awareness by controversy.

bold move... but i think they hit the spot

It is a very risky strategy though. Sure, it may increase awareness, but what awareness does it increase? It makes people know about Total Defence, but if it makes people think it's lame, that's not going to work.

erm actually it isn't lame. the only reason why people think it's lame, is because it's the mentality that's been cultivated, that everyone is against any government initiative.

It is a very risky strategy though. Sure, it may increase awareness, but what awareness does it increase? It makes people know about Total Defence, but if it makes people think it's lame, that's not going to work.
True. What may work for commercial advertising may not be appropriate at all for something such as a Public Service Announcement (PSA), it is even more so when the attempted messages or ideas conveyed by the authorising entities involved will be perceived negatively by the general indigenous populace for being too detached away from reality thus backfiring as a result.

Yes it does grab lots of attention from netizens. But what message are they trying to convey? "be a man, do the right thing". Copy from Russell Peter much? And who says you must be a man to do the right thing, women cannot meh?

And What the fudge is the alien version? Totally random and makes no sense. The one that convinces me is the office, because it's quite true. Everytime I hear those alarms, I tell myself it's just a false alarm. Won't die one. Hah

It is a difficult situation when you are surrounded by yes man and those that try to voice out are labelled as troublemakers.

but never saw this in TV let...... cos i only watch mio tv soccer

aiyo.. hv to agree the one with the alien bf is totally bad to the max