WTBuy: Lens - Pentax WTB pentax f*300

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone!

As of now, my Sigma 100-300 F4 (which I don't get many 'keepers' from) has gone for service... I hope to get better results.

I will endeavour to improve my technique... and hope that cures my LBA :)

The price fixing topic can definitely be a full topic of its own on the forum!
I view pricing as a reflection of supply vs demand... but I do admit I am naive w.r.t. economics, finance etc :D

Sidhar,

Your Sigma 100-300/4 can very well do birding. I borrowed from another Pentaxian and used it handheld with a Sigma APO EX 2x teleconverter and shot 3 green parrots high up on a pine tree and it came out sharp. You also have the Tokina 400mm too.

No need to get any more tele lenses for birding, just learn to improve hand holding technique.

Cheers.

Man, you need to wake up.
Yes, i myself know that if looking for third party (ie Tamron, Sigma, Tokina) lenses in Pentax mount, they will cost more than in Nikon or Canon mount.
But to say that is price fixing by a cartel, you are living in lala-land.
And if indeed that's price fixing (which is so far fetched as to be quite lunacy), very simple, go get Pentax lenses, dont get third party Pentax mount lenses.
Or, just as you did, jump ship to Canon (or Nikon).
If you dont agree with the pricing, that doesnt necessarily mean there is "price fixing cartel".
Go figure what does "price fixing cartel" mean, before even thinking that term.

Good for you that you moved to Canon R.
But, again, that doesnt mean "price fixing cartel" yeah.

I don’t have to wake up from reality of the price fixing Lala-Landmines. From your overreaction, it looks like you maybe one of them.

You are contradicting yourself when you said;
“lenses in Pentax mount, they will cost more than in Nikon or Canon mount”.
You sound like the Bandmaster who orchestrates the price fixing.

If there is no price fixing, then why is it that whenever I advertise to buy a lens, some Cat will jump in to clout the price mechanism? If this is a free market between a genuine buyer & sell, why does that Cat need to behest the buyer about who sells what at what price & where?

I don’t agree to the pricing because there is a price fixing cartel.
I don’t see price fixing activities happening in Nikon, Olympus, Canon or Sony classified.
I convert to Canon Religion because of the price fixing cartel within the Pentax Classified section.

By the way be Careful when you mention the big player as an example of price fixing;

“Price fixing cartel works only if like necessities, like maybe if one day Sunshine bread and Gardenia bread decide to collaborate and fix prices. Or telecom companies SingTel, StarHub and M1 collaborate and fix prices (god knows maybe they are doing it). But lenses?

These gigantic industry players have the Financial Muscle to take on you, because they are much “BIGGER THAN YOU”.

There is no price fixing as far as I know, but sellers sell according to the prices they deem fit. As long as condition is good, and the price is right, it is between buyer and seller to agree on the price. I bought my FA*85 at SGD$1518 and it is in near mint condition. Anything below SGD $1000 has user marks on it.

Dear Felix

As a genuine buyer I know exactly what kind of Spec I am looking for.
I for sure know the base market price of the merchandize that I am looking.

If there is no price fixing activity;
Why is it that whenever I advertise to buy a vintage Lens, You are always happened to be the 1st one to avert me towards another pricing mechanism?

Like what you did >> Yesterday at 9:18 PM

Found one close to your asking price:
https://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/Pentax-...3719?hash=item2f2d213457:g:YtQAAOSwIO9chQr~\\

In future I believe there won’t be a need for you to dictate the pricing, “UNLESS I ASK FOR YOUR OPINION”

Thanks everyone.
As I have obtained lens and technique related suggestions, I am closing this thread.

Best wishes and regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.