Would you like to be born 50 years later?

Don't be too hard on yourself. I wouldn't call having kids a stupid decision but at the very least, you got to get them ready for the world. Calibrate your expectations and their's too if you want them to be happy.

If you can see what is going to happen to this world I really do not think I can get them ready for any of the apocalyptic scenarios. And going through the local education system and competing with foreign talent is nothing compared to what they are going have to face on a degraded earth.

If you can see what is going to happen to this world I really do not think I can get them ready for any of the apocalyptic scenarios. And going through the local education system and competing with foreign talent is nothing compared to what they are going have to face on a degraded earth.

The world is not going to be more predictable if you didn't have any kids.

Still, life's got to carry on.

Depends on where? If the stork dropped me in some Sheikh's mansion, Royal family, etc. why not?

And will you have recollection of your past? If no, maybe not? Have to feel the growing up pains all over again.

Every thing is fated. My dad is 1934, me is 1974. 40 years different. If I am born in the 60's, my world would be different. Maybe working as a coolie now, haha!

Every thing is fated. My dad is 1934, me is 1974. 40 years different. If I am born in the 60's, my world would be different. Maybe working as a coolie now, haha!

You could be a happier coolie out of meritocratic pressure cooker and enjoying your well-earned weekend cold beer in Little India.:bsmilie:

You could be a happier coolie out of meritocratic pressure cooker and enjoying your well-earned weekend cold beer in Little India.:bsmilie:

Yes, give the man a Tiger!

Tiger+Beer+-+Chinese+New+Year+-+Key+Visual.jpg

Don't be so pessimistic guys.
The old has to go before the new can come.
Destruction is inevitable.
There will a new heaven on earth after the destruction.
That is when I want to be, when everything starts anew.

50yrs ago only 1964, even if 50yrs later grew leaps n bound also not enough le.. I say born 100yrs later more exciting..really much harder to imagine or predict..lol

Just reminded of a stupid thing.... born 50 yrs late....

You will miss to see Orchard River 1 time less... :bsmilie:

50yrs ago only 1964, even if 50yrs later grew leaps n bound also not enough le.. I say born 100yrs later more exciting..really much harder to imagine or predict..lol

LHL is trying to convince those 50 years younger than him that they are getting a better deal from Singapore than him. If 100 years his message will reach nobody. :dunno:

LHL is trying to convince those 50 years younger than him that they are getting a better deal from Singapore than him. If 100 years his message will reach nobody. :dunno:

With inflation growing faster than economic growth, 50 years later will be worst :(

What reboot?

When a franchise like Bat Man was dying, they reboot and it is alive.... with Batman Begins...

The best way to rebuild is to knock down all corrupted system, and restart...

When a franchise like Bat Man was dying, they reboot and it is alive.... with Batman Begins...

The best way to rebuild is to knock down all corrupted system, and restart...

I think our system is incapable of reboot. It might crash due to external factors but that would take decades. All unofficial internal sources of power have been de-energized.

I think our system is incapable of reboot. It might crash due to external factors but that would take decades. All unofficial internal sources of power have been de-energized.

All system have weaknesses, and failure possibility, and we never know when it will crash. But if that day come, we will have to pull through and rebuild Singapore... as we Singaporean will proudly build a Singapore we want and not by decree...

Simply put it this way... Any system will peak, then dies off.. it is history...

Eg. You cannot extract 500cc of blood if the host have only 300cc but you needed 1000cc.... system will fail.. :think:

Last edited:
With inflation growing faster than economic growth, 50 years later will be worst :(

All system have weaknesses, and failure possibility, and we never know when it will crash. But if that day come, we will have to pull through and rebuild Singapore... as we Singaporean will proudly build a Singapore we want and not by decree...

Simply put it this way... Any system will peak, then dies off.. it is history...

Eg. You cannot extract 500cc of blood if the host have only 300cc but you needed 1000cc.... system will fail.. :think:

Sounds disastrous. If you are right then Yutaka is also right, it will be worse in 50 years time. :(

So true. There won't be new if there is no destruction.

But please make sure to do a clean reboot. Purge all undesirable things, including those thingy in white. LOL

So true. There won't be new if there is no destruction.

But please make sure to do a clean reboot. Purge all undesirable things, including those thingy in white. LOL

The white thingy is called fungus. Safer for you.

Lens-Fungus.jpg