Would you donate blood now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Blood Centre at HSA is something like ur central bank, a central repositary for blood for hospitals.

Blood donations at hospitals I believe are specific to ppl. U muz state name, IC number and so on. However, if ur blood is not suitable for the receiptent, it would not be given to him anyway but used by other ppl. There ain't no such thing as, "Oh, my friend is in SGH and den I go TTSH to donate blood to him."

If u have the heart to help, go all the way. Dun do things halfway.

I stand corrected on my information abt paitent-specific blood donation.

hongjone said:
Hi, I think most of the people just feel funny to do it alone. Well, for me I did donate a feel times. I only donated once alone, and always with a friend. Perhaps when someone organise, more people will go. Anyway for this round of appeal from blood bank, my colleagues and I are going next week. We started a chain mail in the office, and those who always wanted to donate but shy, or find it inaccessible, or don't know go where to do it, can actually join us during lunch. ha. peer pressure... :)
Hmm.... Donate is donate loh. Why go alone feel funny? :dunno:

dolpjki said:
dun worry, the only thing that seems to hurt me is when they use those small thingy to prick on my finger and tap some blood for testing.. hahaha :bsmilie:

the rest doesnt hurt. definitely not the big needle, cos of the anesthetic.
No see, no pain.
Got see, got pain.

So I tend not to see. :)

i gave in Nov 2005, so i can only give again in Feb. anyone want to join me?:)

lil_princess said:
I don't think it is. I organised a blood donation drive in my school last year. And I found out that a number of female students have donated before. Its not that pain, if not why would they donate?

Anyway before you guys think of donating, if you have multiple sex partners or what, you got to declare it in the form.... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
Oops then I really got to think twice now. Reason undiscloseable :bsmilie:

Hey guys. From wat i know...if you are warded in govt hospital, blood transfusion is almost free...mostly subsidised by the govt alr. But if you stay in a private hospital, you have to bare the whole costs.

Well...i jus went to donate tdy. Damn crowded man. Waited 2 hrs jus to donate.

I guess we all have a different tolerance of pain ba. Some people jus can't bare the pain.

Things like distance etc are actually jus excuses given by ourselves. If you really wanna donate....the distance won't really matter would it?

plainsunset said:
Hey guys. From wat i know...if you are warded in govt hospital, blood transfusion is almost free...mostly subsidised by the govt alr. But if you stay in a private hospital, you have to bare the whole costs.

Well...i jus went to donate tdy. Damn crowded man. Waited 2 hrs jus to donate.

I guess we all have a different tolerance of pain ba. Some people jus can't bare the pain.

Things like distance etc are actually jus excuses given by ourselves. If you really wanna donate....the distance won't really matter would it?

damn crowded? thats good news isnt it? that many people are donating....?

Lenscapes said:
i gave in Nov 2005, so i can only give again in Feb. anyone want to join me?:)
I am due for donation already. My last donation was in Sep. 05. I don't mind going in Feb. (after CNY) :)

plainsunset said:

I have donated before.
There is absolutely NO PAIN in donating blood. :)

i should be available for donation once i get over my sore throat bug. hehehe... been wanting to go since last month but seems to be not fully healthy maybe due to the rainy season and the junks i ate.
i've check out the mobile drive schedule for February -> http://www.donorweb.org/mobiles/. Currently no donation drive at city area. Maybe some Clubsnappers would like to organise small groups to go neighbourhood area. Else, we can organise one on either fri/sat/sun to Bloodbank itself @Outram. Opening hours as followed:

Opening Hours
Tuesday to Thursday 9 am - 6.30 pm
Friday 9 am - 8 pm
Saturday 9 am - 4.30 pm
Sunday 9 am - 2 pm
Monday & Public Holidays Closed

lil_princess said:
eh... the nightclub?
That's a well-known entertainment & red-light district in Tokyo, Shinjuku. :embrass:

eerrmm...well.....but then it's jus a temp solution to a permenant problem. The blood bank is always facing a shortage. It's jus that the past few days was worse.

The regular donors only make up a very minority......what the blood bank needs is more regular donors and not jus the spur of the moment donors (though their help are greatly appreaciated too).

Become a regular lah.....give blood..save lives....

Been thinking about going down to drain some blard. Worried about fainting though. Health hasn't been that good lately:embrass:

Guys, just been told by my sis who is a doctor. Due to the low blood supplies, some patients who are deemed not on the need for immediate surgery have been put on hold because of the blood type O+ and sth else i cant remember what. So if can please try to donate ya? =) :sweatsm:

Status
Not open for further replies.