Workshop for Kindergarten Children

Trista

Feb 14, 2019
Hi,
I'm a preschool teacher. My class has expressed interest in learning about photography. They have seen a black and white photograph and is wondering why back in the days, the phographs are all in black and white instead of coloured. They want to find out more about it and has choose it as a topic for their project. However, i know naughts about photography. I'm wondering if there are any photography enthusiast that is willingly to help me with this project. Perhaps, to come down to the school to give them a talk or even conduct a simple workshop for them.

Hi Trista,
you can find the relevant info online like wikipedia. No need to start from wet plate but film photography.Show your kids how in those days it was all about chemistry and celluloid based film from black and white to colour process.So apart from slide show on pc kids prefer experiencing the photo taking and processing part but with digital it's all in the hardware and electronics via the mobile phone camera.To replicate the chemical process perhaps someone here can loan you a fujufilm instant film camera this is also part of the history then the kids can see with their very own eyes the photographic image appearing before their eyes! Of course artifacts like film cameras and film cartriges help in show and tell. Good luck.

Reactions: Trista