Woodlands @ Gombak

Status
Not open for further replies.

rTwin

Sep 25, 2005
Smackdown Boulevard
www.rtwin.reivad.net
my take on the S-League match between Gombak United (in blue) and Woodlands Wellington.. Gombak controlled the tempo of the game with some slick one-touch football and had the better share of the chances at goal..

in the end, Gombak won the game with a convincing scoreline of 3 - 1..

g1.JPG

Gombak's Gabriel Obatola playing the ball up

g2.JPG

Woodlands's Laakkad Abdelhadi trying to evade his marker

g3.JPG

Woodlands's Agu Casmir waiting for support along the flank

g6.JPG

Gombak's Winston Yap rising to head the ball clear

g7.JPG

A tame header by Woodlands's Laakkad Abdelhadi is eventually gathered by Gombak's custodian Adi Salleh

g9.JPG

Gombak's Fazli Jaffar, who would later come on in the 2nd half, warming up during the half-time interval

g10.JPG

An injury to a Gombak player, but nothing too serious

g11.JPG

Woodlands's Goh Tat Chuan's aggression has to be held back by the referee

g14.JPG

Woodlands's Azmi Mahamud clearing the ball

g15.JPG

Gombak's Jalal putting pressure on Woodlands's Jerry Bartholomeusz

Wow...Superb series wth caption from u with your km d5d ...may I know how u manage to get so near to shoot or Woodland stadium don't mind photogs to ge near to the field?

That's cute , my classmates love watching soccer as well . ;p

thats a very nice series!

however i share the same dilemma as John, how did u get to go so near to the players to shoot?

thanks for the kind words..

smokeput, i was on iso 1600 and either using f2.8 (aperture priority) or 1/500 (shutter priority) throughout.. about all the shots tt came out were underexposed but nothing tt a little PS-ing cldnt fix ;p

as for my position, i was shooting from the open stands on the opposite side of the grandstand of queenstown stadium, which is pretty close to the field (just separated by the track and on level ground without people blocking you cuz most people would be sitting at the grandstand since the seats r better and it is covered) and should allow u guys to get some nice shots along the flank :D

rTwin said:
thanks for the kind words..

smokeput, i was on iso 1600 and either using f2.8 (aperture priority) or 1/500 (shutter priority) throughout.. about all the shots tt came out were underexposed but nothing tt a little PS-ing cldnt fix ;p

as for my position, i was shooting from the open stands on the opposite side of the grandstand of queenstown stadium, which is pretty close to the field (just separated by the track and on level ground without people blocking you cuz most people would be sitting at the grandstand since the seats r better and it is covered) and should allow u guys to get some nice shots along the flank :D
just as I expected...as I saw that r a good place too when I have the chance to shoot as near as the reserve players during last year S-league... Thanks for your confirmation. Can let me know if there is any match over there again?

rTwin said:
:D
hmm u nt usin canon rite i suppose..cos from wat i heard from most ppl..canon iso1600 not so noisy ?! hmm u arent using manual mode?

dats at Queenstown stadium rite?

nope.. using km.. think the noise is worse than it shld be cuz i had to increase the brightness and sharpen it up quite a bit (pretty soft at f2.8.. not using L/G lens :bsmilie: ).. i guess there's always noise ninja but i rather not.. and no, i wasnt shooting in manual mode.. at 1/500s (shutter priority), it's pretty much confirmed tt the aperture wld be at the widest, so no point in doing so..

yep munk.. it's queenstown stadium :)

i think the noise grain is pretty smooth feeling (as in i mean pleasing), doesnt distract from photo. great shots! care to share what lens u used? just curious

haha guess they just werent on their game tt night.. they have a pretty gd squad though :think:

thanks.. was using sigma 70-200 f2.8 ex dg..

Status
Not open for further replies.