Wireless TTL

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninelives

Jan 16, 2002
BB
ninelives.clubsnap.org
Does anyone know if nikon/canon has wireless TTL capability? Minolta's system lets you place your flash units OFF camera with no cables, no wire and yet with TTL capability.

Thanks.

Originally posted by ninelives
Does anyone know if nikon/canon has wireless TTL capability? Minolta's system lets you place your flash units OFF camera with no cables, no wire and yet with TTL capability.

Thanks.

Canon can do wireless TTL with their ST-E2 and EX series flashes. Nikon can do it with individual SU-4 TTL Slave units on each SB-series flash. Minolta can do with without additional equipment, I suppose. After all, they are 1st to come up with it. :)

Regards
CK

What must be added for me to wirelessly trigger the 420EX?

Originally posted by ckiang

Either the Speedlite 550EX or the ST-E2 transmitter.

Regards
CK

Hey CK..what's a ST-E2 transmitter? Expensive??

For your information.... Minolta's wireless TTL only works with a selected range of their high end 35mm SLR. It doesn't work with my D5, unless I purchase the additional adaptors/transmittor (I guess).

Originally posted by Flare
For your information.... Minolta's wireless TTL only works with a selected range of their high end 35mm SLR. It doesn't work with my D5, unless I purchase the additional adaptors/transmittor (I guess).
you have to turn on your built-in flash. it serve as a triggle. the built in flash ask the wireless flash to fire.

Wireless/Remote Off-camera Flash
With Minolta program flash units, the Dynax 5 offers flexible wireless/remote off-camera flash control. Photographers can experiment with lighting techniques without the usual tangle of cords and connectors. Using the built-in flash as a fill light, the ratio flash function controls the flash units to give a lighting ratio of 2:1.

I can show you how it works if we meet someday. But provided your have 3500 xi and above flash.

Hee Hee... My camera is Dimage 5 ley, not Dynax or Maxxum 35mm SLR. The Flash manual say I need to set my camera to wireless flash with the flash attached, then disconnect the flash, position, pop up the built in flash and then take. The proplem is, my camera cannot set flash mode to wireless. And if I just use the WL (wireless) button on the flash unit to switch on wireless flash and shoot, the external flash don't fire. Me have the 3600HS(D) flash.

Yup looks like It can't work just like that, maybe installing a transmitter will work. Anyway, if anyone wanna try the flash with there minolta body, just PM me.

Interesting to note that Minolta was the pioneer for wireless flash photography.

See this article on Photo.net for details and how wireless multiple flash can be used :- Dynax 7 Review

And if i'm not wrong... They are the first to bring Auto focus tothe market.
Minolta~
Minolta~
Minolta~
Now to psyco my lecturer to buy minolta spectrophotometer for the school's Lab~

Nikon Sb50DX had built-in wireless TTL...i.e. u no need to get the slave trigger unit ;) . Have tested it with my F80 build-in. works fine: Camera built-in flash as master, SB50DX (tripod or hand held by another PPL) as slave.

I also tried using 3rd party flash on my camera as master and it works fine too. :)

So those who go Nikon cam....can consdier SB50Dx lah (but not as powerful as SB28DX, but is 1/2 the price)

Originally posted by spider
Nikon Sb50DX had built-in wireless TTL...i.e. u no need to get the slave trigger unit ;) . Have tested it with my F80 build-in. works fine: Camera built-in flash as master, SB50DX (tripod or hand held by another PPL) as slave.

I also tried using 3rd party flash on my camera as master and it works fine too. :)

So those who go Nikon cam....can consdier SB50Dx lah (but not as powerful as SB28DX, but is 1/2 the price)

Only trouble is, it's not even as powerful as the cheaper SB22S, and uses the expensive CR123 batteries. :(

But is it a normal dumb optical slave or does wireless TTL actually work on it? You can try by covering the lens and pressing the shutter. The 50DX should fire at full power.

Regards
CK

Status
Not open for further replies.