Wireless Triggers (alternatives?)

Jonathan Ang

Apr 6, 2010
Hi guys, looking wireless shutter triggers (not infra-red):

I have 2 friends who have cactus v5, the flash + shutter triggering is a good combi, but the v5 is too bulky for my liking =(

I came across this wireless trigger(but flash):
Pixel: RW-221 (Pixel: RW-221 Oppilas Wireless Shutter Remote Control - YouTube)
Supposedly, this is selling @ 40sgd new

the flash triggering is just a good to have, cus primarily looking for a trigger release. But on rare occasions when I have my flash on cam..

And then Wireless Flash Grouping/Shutter Remote Control Soldier For Canon--PIXEL ENTERPRISE LIMITED
The whole range is absolutely confusing. The flash function still appeals to me, as well as it being an option of putting a spirit level.

Any other alternatives? The v5s would probably be around 70+ shipped new. There isn't any price list for pixel stuff so, i don't know. Neither the reliability of pixel stuff (cactus v5s have very good reviews from my understanding).
If not, might just get the RW-221.

Have been using magic lantern to trigger, but as of late is increasingly buggy don't know why. Taking extra set of 3 brackets, or extra shots..etc.

I am using Godox Reemix 3-in-1 triggers RMII. But these are primarily flash triggers with shutter release thrown in... The shutter release modes can only do single shot, bulb shot and short timer delay shot only. It also does half presses as well. But these are quite basic stuff for shutter releases. I primarily uses these for triggering speedlites and strobes, and use the shutter release once in a while.

If you want all the bells and whistles, built into the wireless shutter release, best to get one without the flash triggering capability...

small and reliable.

alien bee cybersyncs lor.

you can buy from other places like Amazon etc, Pixel HK is not a store.

we have advertisers selling Pixel products, just check out the Mass Sales and Virtual Shops section.

Thaniks =]

I am using Godox Reemix 3-in-1 triggers RMII. But these are primarily flash triggers with shutter release thrown in... The shutter release modes can only do single shot, bulb shot and short timer delay shot only. It also does half presses as well. But these are quite basic stuff for shutter releases. I primarily uses these for triggering speedlites and strobes, and use the shutter release once in a while.

If you want all the bells and whistles, built into the wireless shutter release, best to get one without the flash triggering capability...

Ohh thanks thanks. I'm not very sure what other bells and whistles I need though, since all the HDR setting etc can be done in magic lantern (I think?). Godox, I saw that, reliable? build quality? I had a PT-04 (nt shutter of course) and it is soo cranky.. I shudder to drop any money on something like that ever.

small and reliable.

alien bee cybersyncs lor.

Haha, too ex! need a good compromise XD

Ohh thanks thanks. I'm not very sure what other bells and whistles I need though, since all the HDR setting etc can be done in magic lantern (I think?). Godox, I saw that, reliable? build quality? I had a PT-04 (nt shutter of course) and it is soo cranky.. I shudder to drop any money on something like that ever.

bells and whistles like interval timer, continuous etc...

PT-04 is not very reliable at times and they are all 4-channel, but it also depends on which specific PT-04 also... Some are pretty decent, of course PT-04 range is very short. The Godox reemix so far are very reliable. I haven't got a miss fire yet. It is 16 channel. They cost around $60 a pair.

bells and whistles like interval timer, continuous etc...

PT-04 is not very reliable at times and they are all 4-channel, but it also depends on which specific PT-04 also... Some are pretty decent, of course PT-04 range is very short. The Godox reemix so far are very reliable. I haven't got a miss fire yet. It is 16 channel. They cost around $60 a pair.

Thanks DD123 for the recommendation, will probably get that over the cactus v5 since it looks much slimmer, but only slightly cheaper though.

Thank God for Canon and magic lantern, can do those things. I saw Promote Control - extended HDR bracketing controller, way overkill!

Thanks DD123 for the recommendation, will probably get that over the cactus v5 since it looks much slimmer, but only slightly cheaper though.

Thank God for Canon and magic lantern, can do those things. I saw Promote Control - extended HDR bracketing controller, way overkill!

Magic Lantern is pretty awesome... especially for video and timelapses

Useful information shared..Thanks

I am using the PHOTTIX® CLEON II, I've bought it for less than $60