Wireless Speedlight Commander SU-800

Status
Not open for further replies.

owrwe

Oct 27, 2005
Hi all!

Was checking the speedlights on the nikon global website and found that! It looks very interesting for my D50 which doesn't feature any commander mode!!!

It could mean totally wireless multiple off-camera units and ultimately CLS... right?

Has anyone heard about/used/seen it?

I really wanna BBB this one! (to quote espn...)

Yes. There's currently none on sale in SG. No stock. The only way to get a SU-800 is to buy a R1C1 set and/or order via TMC.

espn said:
Yes. There's currently none on sale in SG. No stock. The only way to get a SU-800 is to buy a R1C1 set and/or order via TMC.
Will it be available soon? if so, how soon? any estimate for the price?

owrwe said:
Will it be available soon? if so, how soon? any estimate for the price?
According to my sources - not for the next few months.

Price is already out on the Nikon website - RRP$500.

ARGGG!!! y so costly lah?!?

longkangman said:
overseas also out of stock. :dunno:

But get 1 x R1C1 and 3 x C1 good. kekeke
You meant 3 R1s :kok: :kok:

what's so special about the r1c1???

yeah, top up, can get Sb-800! thought it would have been much more affordable. for example, could get the su-800 + sb-600 in place of the sb-800!

oh well... too bad then!

longkangman said:
oh yes 3 x R1 plus the existing R1 to form a ring. :think:
8 SB-R200 :thumbsup: Steady!

Since the thread starter was considering flash off-camera, here are some considerations for you to ponder upon.

Option 1
SB800 plus SC-29 cost $600+$110 = $710 (just rough guestimates)

Option 2
SB600 plus SU-800 cost $340+$440 = $780 (again rough guestimates)

Difference is $70.

../azul123

azul123 said:
Since the thread starter was considering flash off-camera, here are some considerations for you to ponder upon.

Option 1
SB800 plus SC-29 cost $600+$110 = $710 (just rough guestimates)

Option 2
SB600 plus SU-800 cost $340+$440 = $780 (again rough guestimates)

Difference is $70.

../azul123
Option 3:

SB-600@Slave + D50 pop-up flash = S$360.

Difference is S$420~490.

Option 4:

SU-4 + SB-600 = S$510.

Difference is S$270~$360.

espn said:
Option 3:

SB-600@Slave + D50 pop-up flash = S$360.

Difference is S$420~490.

Option 4:

SU-4 + SB-600 = S$510.

Difference is S$270~$360.
But not CLS right? I think the thread starter may want to start small with CLS and built upon it, but I am only guessing.

../azul123

azul123 said:
But not CLS right? I think the thread starter may want to start small with CLS and built upon it, but I am only guessing.

../azul123
Off shoe flash need not be CLS, I'm just listing options if the TS finds the budget a bit too much, he can start off with cheaper options. :dunno:

espn said:
Off shoe flash need not be CLS, I'm just listing options if the TS finds the budget a bit too much, he can start off with cheaper options. :dunno:
Agree... I just thought he stated off-camera and CLS, me thinks he wants to off-camera and CLS at same time, anyways there are plenty of options available now, any one of the options can get TS wireless off-camera flash system.

../azul123

azul123 said:
Agree... I just thought he stated off-camera and CLS, me thinks he wants to off-camera and CLS at same time, anyways there are plenty of options available now, any one of the options can get TS wireless off-camera flash system.

../azul123
Well, he did say ultimately CLS, so I presumed he's on a tight budget currently since he's looking for alternative off shoe flash options via SU-800 which can only control CLS speedlights and also wirelessly.

If that's the case, one can still survive with manual modes off a flash triggered by a pop-up flash, so I listed out the options.

Status
Not open for further replies.