Winter 300km above the Arctic Circle - Finland Lapland

nuts

Jan 21, 2002
www.roving-light.com
It was barely into the 3rd week of October and winter has arrived in Lapland. Here's sharing some images of Inari and Lake Inari, approx 300km above the Arctic Circle.

IMG_0014w1.jpg

IMG_0617w.jpg

IMG_0624w.jpg

IMG_0670w.JPG

IMG_0665w.jpg

Did it with slr or dslr?

It was barely into the 3rd week of October and winter has arrived in Lapland. Here's sharing some images of Inari and Lake Inari, approx 300km above the Arctic Circle.
Hi. You might like to put a number to your photo so that it is easier for us comment.:)

A refreshing sight for someone who has not seen snow before. Anymore photos? Really like to see more. Thanks.

Amazing sceneries. :) I have always wanted to go high up north for a chance to see the northern lights.

Is yours a self plan trip or packaged tour?

is some of them IR?

Cool... series:)

Hi. You might like to put a number to your photo so that it is easier for us comment.:)

A refreshing sight for someone who has not seen snow before. Anymore photos? Really like to see more. Thanks.
Thanks for the comment! Not used to putting numbers in my posting, esp when its posted on different days, although I see most threads have them. ;p
Will be posting alittle more, or you can goto my blog or website to see more snow/winter photos... I love winterscapes! :)

Thanks Treetrunk & ahbian!

Amazing sceneries. :) I have always wanted to go high up north for a chance to see the northern lights.

Is yours a self plan trip or packaged tour?
Me too, always wanted to go up the far north and so I have done it! :)

Its a "self-plan" I guess.... bcoz I didn't plan! ;p
I only looked at the map and seeing which town to go when I reached Helsinki.....

is some of them IR?
ismokeweed79 said:
Yeah, is it me or it actually looks like IR
They are all from my EOS50D. Not IR.
In fact, don't even wanna install photoshop on my low-powered traveling laptop. So all photos are "processed" using Canon DPP (Raw conversion, already painfully slow) and Irfanview.

Thats why I say the winter landscapes are really surreal!

I was taking public transport (bus) and was glued to the window. The sceneries were truly wonderful. For those who drive there, you can do some series landscape photography!!

IMG_0265w.jpg

IMG_0271w1.jpg

IMG_0284w.jpg

IMG_0340w.jpg