Windows 7 is coming! Who is going to buy???

Who is buying Windows 7???

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i doubt windows 7 is gg to make mac users to jump ships. highly unlikely. but if the other way round ( windows jump to mac). it is possible.

Reminds me Q~ing 3 hours for WinXP at Ngee Ann city when it was launch...Enya's song was played....so touching....and each person can only buy one box so I brought along my GF (wife now) to buy 2....then Q~ing was not boring at all because I can sian char bo at the same time :sweatsm:

This time I might have to bring my daughter liao :sweatsm:

What's wrong with Vista ah? I am using it on my laptop and very smooth running.

From the blurb I sat through tonight at one of their presentations.....

What a load of cr+p !!!

Just my view from a MS launch....

I see no other reason other than to upgrade your ram and stick with Vista ...if you are not lucky enough to have XP.

windoiws7 will not cook you breakfast and make your tea

so Pablo, are you trying to say microsoft still din get their OS right?

What's wrong with Vista ah? I am using it on my laptop and very smooth running.

Nothing wrong with Vista. Windows just a much better Vista.

Since Vista running smooth on your laptop, Windows 7 will run even more smooth. :thumbsup:

Nothing wrong with Vista. Windows just a much better Vista.

Since Vista running smooth on your laptop, Windows 7 will run even more smooth. :thumbsup:

Agree, Windows 7 will probably be the best Windows ever. I like it much better than XP and other earlier version of Windows. It is lighter and more responsive. The best part of Windows 7 is the toolbar, it is sort of like the OS X dock.

Been running Windows 7 build 7077 for quite some time now. It's pretty smooth. I'll wait till the evaluation licence expires (sometime in June 2010) before I decide.

Agree, Windows 7 will probably be the best Windows ever. I like it much better than XP and other earlier version of Windows. It is lighter and more responsive. The best part of Windows 7 is the toolbar, it is sort of like the OS X dock.

Hmmm....

Are you running W7 with the full suit of applications you normally use installed?

How does W7 handle junk apps/registry build up :think:

Buy it.It fixes many problems with Vista.Am currently using Build 7057(Beta Tester's copy;)) and it rocks. But system requirements are pretty high and it lags like crap with my old gateway laptop.

Hmmm....

Are you running W7 with the full suit of applications you normally use installed?

How does W7 handle junk apps/registry build up :think:
I kinda agree with Lightworkz. It does handle all my app without a hitch. I use Adobe Bridge, Acrobat, Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, Outlook, Firefox, Windows Media Player and Adium on a daily basis and so far no problems at all. On the background I have Extensis Suitcase, Windows Backup and virus scan program. No hanging or hiccups.

Windows 7 :thumbsup:

Existing XP users will like this. There will be no upgrade path from Windows XP to Windows 7. Oh! Micro$oft.....

I kinda agree with Lightworkz. It does handle all my app without a hitch. I use Adobe Bridge, Acrobat, Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, Outlook, Firefox, Windows Media Player and Adium on a daily basis and so far no problems at all. On the background I have Extensis Suitcase, Windows Backup and virus scan program. No hanging or hiccups.

Good.

I'm juz asking cuz, my PC accumulates junk quite a lot... and a fresh reinstall does wonders. But everytime I tend to forget some minor data/apps/settings...etc. So I try not to do it unless really necessary.

Might get a W7 for my HP netbook tho... it's currently using Vista and it feels like motorcycle towing a truck. :(

Hmm I wonder if I will be able to use Windows 7 on my pre-installed Vista on my lappy.

Existing XP users will like this. There will be no upgrade path from Windows XP to Windows 7. Oh! Micro$oft.....

Is there upgrades from Vista to Windows 7?

Hmm I wonder if I will be able to use Windows 7 on my pre-installed Vista on my lappy.
Yes you can install the W7 RC1 on your lappy. But on Jul 2010, it will cease to function unless you purchase the original copy.
Yes! Its fully automated. But always back up your data and programs using Vista Back Up/Restore tool first before upgrading in case anything goes south. Good luck!

Good.

I'm juz asking cuz, my PC accumulates junk quite a lot... and a fresh reinstall does wonders. But everytime I tend to forget some minor data/apps/settings...etc. So I try not to do it unless really necessary.

Might get a W7 for my HP netbook tho... it's currently using Vista and it feels like motorcycle towing a truck. :(
Surprisingly, I never had that problem of computer lagging even when I am on Vista. Why don't you take a few minutes to clear those unnecessary programs or data. Its the same when you have an organised room vs a messy room. I guess your mileage may vary also la. ;)

Anyway, I hardly even switch off my machine. Most of the time, I put it to sleep and when I need to use it, it boots up in a few second. Saves me a lot of time waiting for it to boot up.

For netbooks, I seriously wont recommend Vista. Its not for the weak of heart. LOL!

Absolutely, you can upgrade directly from Vista. You need to do a clean install for XP upgrading to W7 and use the Microsoft Deployment Tool 2010 to help you to transfer your data over.

Status
Not open for further replies.